GOODMARK COWL HOOD ON MY EscaHoe...? On Customization or Not

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At the end of the week I should be getting my Goodmark Hood for $215 shipped to my door!

Its a lil beat. Has some dents. BNIB never installed. Are these things really functional? One of the dents is on the cowl (nothing major). Instead of filling it with bondo to smooth it out, is it worth it to try to hammer the dent out as much as possible to stop the restrict of airflow?

If the Cowl hood is not functional, I might be considering opening up the front a little bit (like a ram air) to have cool air come into the engine bay and push out the hot air through the cowl.

My worries is the NY weather and elements seeping through the hood into the bay.

My idea of opening the hood, is to cut it...then run a piece of metal (sort of tunneling it (to prevent as much rain and water getting into the engine bay). Just have it stop at some point in the hood so it can get into the bay out the cowl.

These are just ideas. Don't know if this si possible till I get the hood in the mail and see how much room I have to play with (via tunnel).

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:11 PM ----------

So anyway...any input on this at all? Worth Hammering it out?

Tunnel Idea good?

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
I would say don't hammer it out.. How big can it really be to restrict any flow??
Theres 2 theories to cowl hoods. one they suck air out from the back of the hood. (meaning sucking the hot air out) 2) being they suck cold air in and through your engine leaving out under your truck..
I believe in the 2nd one, i can say this because once there was a flower pedal like in one of the holes and i was cruising down the street and notice it got sucked up through the engine bay. i have no idea where it went, but i think air is being sucked through the engine compartment..
Thus being said, it reduces your EGTs!! that's proven.. id keep the cowl hood just the way it is, but if you think you can mock it up, go for it!

OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats ur e-mail I'll send you the pics. Forgot you did your own bodywork!

Hows the T/A twins doin?

OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking...YOU own a TBI and your air cleaner is under the cowl. Maybe that explains your sucking?

OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HAHAHA

Remember your were saying a dandeloin got sucked in from your hood. Well I was pondering at work cuz it was kinda slow. You have a TBI and you have your air cleaner right where the cowl is...I think that helps...

compared to where my CAI is via fener well.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
well im sure my TBI wasnt sucking in that much air, bcuz theres about 5 inches from the rear of the cowl to the aircleaner(tbi)part.. if you look up theories on the internet about cowl hoods, youll see what i mean.. its hard to say tho if the Cowl pulls in air or brings it out of the engine compartment.

roadrageror

ROADRAGEROR
Reaction score
I bought a goodmark hood for my 99Denali. Had a few small dents from shipping. It fit so good bolted right on the first time perfect with no adjustment..actually better than my stock one did. I have seen leaves in the fall get sucked in the cowl opening of mine. Just new on here and I don't know how to post a pic yet but you can check it out @ roadrageror on car domain. Thanks. Rory.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
I bought a goodmark hood for my 99Denali. Had a few small dents from shipping. It fit so good bolted right on the first time perfect with no adjustment..actually better than my stock one did. I have seen leaves in the fall get sucked in the cowl opening of mine. Just new on here and I don't know how to post a pic yet but you can check it out @ roadrageror on car domain. Thanks. Rory.

just left you a pm on cardomain.. regard that message.. i thought you had a 200 mph speedo and i freaked out! but your in canada.. damnit :emotions122:
lol nice truck tho

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt