Goodbye autocrap246

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
I think you accidentally posted in the section for 2015-2020 models.

I am a fan of manual levers myself. In all fairness to GM I don’t think the 246 is a bad box, they’re pretty durable. Just a handful when the electronic gremlins strike.

It would be helpful to future readers to add some more details on what you replaced it with.

OP
OP
Jarhead31

Jarhead31

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think you accidentally posted in the section for 2015-2020 models.

I am a fan of manual levers myself. In all fairness to GM I don’t think the 246 is a bad box, they’re pretty durable. Just a handful when the electronic gremlins strike.

It would be helpful to future readers to add some more details on what you replaced it with.
Thanks for all the tips. Didn't realize I posted in 15-20. Typical newbie here lol

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First off welcome to the forum from Iowa.

Didn't realize I posted in 15-20. Typical newbie here lol
If this is not the right section just let me know.

Welcome from Miami Beach!

Erickk120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could you please share how you engage the front axle and parts used? I have a 241 swap on mine, but I haven't had the driveshaft made as of now. atm I have it engaged electronically, but I would like to have everything engaged manually.

OP
OP
Jarhead31

Jarhead31

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Could you please share how you engage the front axle and parts used? I have a 241 swap on mine, but I haven't had the driveshaft made as of now. atm I have it engaged electronically, but I would like to have everything engaged
Could you please share how you engage the front axle and parts used? I have a 241 swap on mine, but I haven't had the driveshaft made as of now. atm I have it engaged electronically, but I would like to have everything engaged manually.

Had to do some finagling but the engagement is flawless. The bracket from #800 works with the 2nd gen Hoe. I f'd up and got the bracket for the 600 and ended up making my own

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220206-201910_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20220206-201910_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    410.8 KB · Views: 6