Goodbye 2015 Tahoe ..........Hello 2020 XT6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A woman I work with has a '20 XT5 that has a gremlin in the brake assist system. She bought it in March and just got it out of the shop. Been there for about 2 weeks. They said it will eventually be a recall issue FYI. Don't know the exact details though.

TheDingy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice ride, I looked at those pretty seriously when I bought my CT6 Blackwing to serve as my daily driver. I did keep my DRW Truck and OBS Tahoe though. The main reason I stayed with a car was the Supercruise feature which is AMAZING, I may goto a Escalade in 2021 once they get some of the bugs lined out.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I looked at the Cadillacs in 2016 / 17...... Also liked the Mercedes GLC 300 ( very nice)....
Considered the Porsche Macan......( My G/F wanted a smaller size car)

Went with the Infiniti QX50. Rear wheel drive, full size V6, 325HP, 370Z suspension, ..Full option package was only an additional $2,000 ( Premium Plus Package). $39,000 out the door ( plus service package).

The Cadillac was based at $40,000 and the nearly full option was $66,000.

I just didn't see spending as much as a Corvette, unless I was getting a Corvette!!

BUT... The Caddy is nice!

TheDingy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well. . . ? Make sure you change the oil, A LOT !

Why do you say that?

Went with the Infiniti QX50. Rear wheel drive, full size V6, 325HP, 370Z suspension, ..Full option package was only an additional $2,000 ( Premium Plus Package). $39,000 out the door ( plus service package).

I don’t know if my grandfather that was in WWII that raised me or the fact that I personally saw the racist attitudes by the Japanese manufactures. My first wife and I had a Chevy store and the Japanese manufactures were very racist about giving a Caucasian American a dealership point. We did finally get one, but we had to buy it from an owner that had committed fraud multiple times.

The Cadillac was based at $40,000 and the nearly full option was $66,000.

I just didn't see spending as much as a Corvette, unless I was getting a Corvette!!

BUT... The Caddy is nice!

Both my CTS-V and my CT6 Blackwing greatly exceed that number, and while I have had multiple Corvettes over the years, still do. They both are superior for my mission than what a Corvette would be. I am going to be getting a late year or 2021 spring delivery of the C8.

James Ward

2015 Tahoe LT
Reaction score
The turbo'd 3.6 liter V6 are good for about 150K miles and then the chains and their guides as well as the tensioners get weak and jump and that is a mucho$$$$$$ expensive job to undertake. The more often you can change the oil and filter the better. My shop calls them "Throw away engines". Costs more to fix them than the vehicle is worth. Ford's 3.5 liter engine is the same quick dying engines.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
and the Japanese manufactures were very racist about giving a Caucasian American a dealership point. We did finally get one, but we had to buy it from an owner that had committed fraud multiple times.

Rick Hendrick got busted bribing / fraud business actions ( correct description?) for wanting more Hondas at his dealerships. I think he spent time in lock up !!..... I was told....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne