Good crate motor suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mdmcinti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Can anyone give me some suggestions on who makes/sells reputable crate motors or long blocks that I could replace my motor with? I read that I should stay away from atk long blocks. I was just thinking about going this route since I can swap a motor faster than tearing my motor down to the short block to rebuild the valve train .

Thanks.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a few regional GM dealer/distributors of GM crate motors in any flavor you like.
Try Scroggin Dickey in Texas. Maybe other closer.

OP
OP
mdmcinti

mdmcinti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've used these guys before.
Tahoe lasted longer than I had it. Ran fine, no problems for 50K miles.
In glendale AZ.....talk to Chris.
They sell shortblocks and longblocks and install.

For 5.3 $2500, Install for +$1000, 6.0 is $500 more...I think.
3 year unlimited miles warranty. Hard to beat that.
https://mohave.craigslist.org/ptd/d/glendale-remanufactured-chevy-53-gmc-60/7296829390.html

Awesome even better that this guy is located in Phoenix. That way I can have my dad pick and it is sitting in his garage when I go down to visit him and mom in again in August. The price on the 6.0 is good too.

Putting a new motor in my rig is a much quicker fix than tearing it down to the short block and replacing cam, lifters, etc.

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or if you can get the install done yourself or someone you know, try autozone, believe it or not.
Good warranty and autozones are everywhere. Prices are on their website.
5.3 or 6.0

Noggles

Reaction score
Is there something wrong with your current valve train or just looking to upgade? A cam and head swap is going to be much easier than installing a new engine along with being considerably cheaper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep