Going to buy this Saturday is all goes well

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bayareadude84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice score @ that price !!

Reminds me over the holidays, Some guy on Facebook market had a CLEAN EX-Ohio state police silver '13 PPV for only $7500 only had 137K miles needed nothing really.
STUPID INSANE good deal on a late model PPV !!

The day I had the cash all sorted out and ready to buy a plane ticket and fly out to get it, he said some cop car dealer JUST bought it that morning:893Chainsaw-Smilie- Boy was I pissed :banghead:

Highway patrol cars are the ones to get for many reasons !!!

Dave

Last edited:
OP
OP
massivespl

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure all this Tahoe needs is a $15 exhaust gasket from like where the headers meet the exhaust pipe. My 2011 needed it done to and it sounds just like it at certain acceleration. I’m taking to the shop tomorrow to have them look at it. And going to talk to them about putting dual exhaust on . Just a single in dual out muffler. They did my blue Tahoe with a single in, single out and it sounds great. But I want some dual pipes on this one

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure all this Tahoe needs is a $15 exhaust gasket from like where the headers meet the exhaust pipe. My 2011 needed it done to and it sounds just like it at certain acceleration. I’m taking to the shop tomorrow to have them look at it. And going to talk to them about putting dual exhaust on . Just a single in dual out muffler. They did my blue Tahoe with a single in, single out and it sounds great. But I want some dual pipes on this one

I could be wrong, but I never knew there was a gasket there. I think it's just a ball flange. I'd be suspect of a broken exhaust manifold bolt(s).

You plan on having the dual pipes exit out on each side? Does this thing have a spare tire?

OP
OP
massivespl

massivespl

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I never knew there was a gasket there. I think it's just a ball flange. I'd be suspect of a broken exhaust manifold bolt(s).

You plan on having the dual pipes exit out on each side? Does this thing have a spare tire?
There is some kind of gasket down there after the headers on the exhaust idk the proper names for stuff. And no spare tire. I always put after market wheels and bigger tires so the spare wouldn’t work anyways.
As for the noise. It’s weird. It sounds like alittle bit of air leaking in the 2nd gear when u stomp on the gas. But if u put it in neutral and rev that ***** up to 5k there is no weird noise... so I’m taking it to another shop to see if they can figure it out next week. It runs and drives fine. I drove it home 5+ hours no problems. And it wasn’t noticeable when I test drove it in the City or on the way home on highway. Only when u stomp on it around 2nd gear. But it doesn’t sound or feel anything transmission. It sounds like an air intake sucking massive amounts of air lol. Hard to describe

OP
OP
massivespl

massivespl

Reaction score
366FF2EE-317E-46BB-A6AE-49505E37CE93.jpeg 267A9C20-7C0D-4438-8BCC-2C72BAA7B0F3.jpeg Well my headlights came. No padding in box. Tabs are smashed off the headlights. Also the headlight is a TINY H1 bulb. Junk! I’m sending them back for a refund and just buying the same headlights I got for my blue truck

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who da hell ships headlights like that?! I've bought cheapest of the cheap headlights off eBay (for an off-public highway project) and even they were packed with the expanding foam.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who da hell ships headlights like that?! I've bought cheapest of the cheap headlights off eBay (for an off-public highway project) and even they were packed with the expanding foam.

Absolutely ridiculous. They should send him a new pair for free and let him keep those for spare parts. :confused:

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
That’s the old “must have been damaged during shipment” game. Sellers pack all their broken products like that to claim they were damaged in transit, then make an insurance claim. A retailer who sells their junk to paying customers knowing the PITA it causes and traps them into a return has really sunk to the bottom of the septic tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
massivespl

massivespl

Reaction score
That’s the old “must have been damaged during shipment” game. Sellers pack all their broken products like that to claim they were damaged in transit, then make an insurance claim. A retailer who sells their junk to paying customers knowing the PITA it causes and traps them into a return has really sunk to the bottom of the septic tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eBay store motor-1 is the seller. We shall see if they send me a return label and refund my money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak