GMT900, Anyone overlanding/offroading these?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wilcfr

Reaction score
Had a 2004 Z71 back a few years ago. Totally stock except for 20' Nitto Terra Grapplers. Did light off Roaring on the Mason Tract in Northern Micigan and NFS in TN and NC also chasing trout. Had no problems. It me got in and got me out, wet, dry or white. And was comfy on the highway during the 7+ hour trips to and from. Wish I still had it.

Flash1976

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking to see how many of you have overlanded/off-roading a Tahoe? I'm not sure why people are preferably going with the suburban's as they're larger and heavier, maybe because of the large fuel tank? I was looking at GX470's but the market is crazy expensive and they get purchased instantly if you can find a deal, so I looked out my search and found myself to my Chevy roots and looked at the Tahoe specs and other than the Angle Of Approach and Angle Of Departure being bad, I don't see why this would be a bad vehicle to overland/off-road (Mildly, don't need it to be a rock crawler).
I have a 2000 Tahoe, I prefer that body style for off-roading, as you less junk hanging off the front. i have taken this rig in all sort of off-road conditions. Mud, snow, sand, and dirt. Low deserts, and high mountain passes. The short wheel base and turning radius is nice, as is the storage capacity as a 5 passenger. With the rear seat folded flat, you can sleep back there too. I have 498,000 miles (same engine, one transmission replacement) and still take this on long multistate trips.