Gmc yukon 2022- steering wheel low ticking noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ckikano

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone
I have GMC SLT 2022 brand new and only driven 5000Km. the steering wheel when it is turned left or right,it makes a low ticking noise as if there is a plastic touching; I checked the dealer and they told me its normal and all the new cars are making that!!!! I need your help if someone had the same issue

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you need to find another dealer, I have the same 2022 SLT and mine does not do that. Unless you are talking about the turn signal audio clicking which is loud at low speed and barely audible at freeway speeds.

Callen841

Reaction score
We had a 2017 Acadia that did that shortly after we purchased. It ended up being some component of the steering box that was replaced under warranty.

OP
OP
C

ckikano

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

unfortunately, my problem is not solved to date! I wish someone could give me specific advice or encounter similar issues.
"
Hi everyone
I have GMC SLT 2022 brand new and only driven 5000Km. the steering wheel when it is turned left or right, makes a low ticking noise as if there is a plastic touching; I checked the dealer and they told me it's normal, and all the new cars are making that!!!! I need your help if someone had the same issue"

GMCnewbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tell the Dealer that they DO NOT "all do that"!

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Likely there's an issue with something touching inside the the clock spring. Or the upper pinch bolt from the I-shaft to the column is touching on something when it rotates. I haven't had the steering column covers off on a '21+ T1 platform, but usually it's not more than a few screws and a gentle lift in a couple of spots with a plastic trim tool. When it comes to issues like these, I will always try to resolve it myself. Unless it comes down to a large cost part needing to be replaced, I wouldn't even waste my time at a dealership.

OP
OP
C

ckikano

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
CN you upload a video to show how it can be done?