GMC YUKON (07-14): XB HYBRID LED HEADLIGHTS-unboxing/output

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
I ran overwattage PIAA super white bulbs in my 06 YXL Denali. They were great. Xlnt cut off, pattern and much more crisp.

Adding stubby HID bulbs would give them superior output but I didn’t find it necessary.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just noticed your thread. I've had mine for about 6 months and happy with them. *edit checked and wow it's been almost a year*

like you said they need a good fog light. a little less light than I hopped for, but a nice bi led fog light and I'm very happy.

mines on a black truck and clear lens thou, so they look pretty much stock, just a Gen Gen up. did you do the smoked lens?

pricy, but I factored the price in before buying the truck, as I liked the oem tahoe light look better.

I searched and searched before buying them and your thread never came up. shame, good info here.

Last edited:

annstruck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
J and Doubeleive,
You both mentioned 'not as much light'. Can you clarify, are these better than the stock projectors with the best quality bulbs? We are planning our annual coast to coast trip and the stock projectors in our 2014 leave much to be desired at 3am somewhere on I84. At times cautiously trailing semi's to let them light the way. Last time we left maine on friday afternoon and were back in WA late sunday night. Just wanted to double check before we make the investment. Thanks

Last edited:

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
J and Doubeleive,
You both mentioned 'not as much light'. Can you clarify, are these better than the stock projectors with the best quality bulbs? We are planning our annual coast to coast trip and the stock projectors in our 2014 leave much to be desired at 3am somewhere on I84. At times cautiously trailing semi's to let them light the way. Last time we left maine on friday afternoon and were back in WA late sunday night. Just wanted to double check before we make the investment. Thanks

honestly I can't compare them to stock lights for you, I ordered them and had them shipped to a buddy's house near by before I even picked up the truck. it was a few states away. only drove it a bit at night in the city before swapping them. the oem lights where hazed up and someone had put cheap led replacement bulbs in the housings.

I changed them out before the drive home thru the night. I will say they are as good as newer rental cars that I've driven but I have mods to all my car's lights. I have about 800$ into my corvette headlight mods alone. all projectors replaces and added bi-led fog lights to it as well.

so I wasn't blown away, but they aren't bad in anyways. just don't know how much of an upgrade they are since I've not used stock. once I added a set of bi-led fog lights to the yukon. they filled in what i feel these were lacking nicely and since I have the high beam of the fogs wired in to the headlight high beam. I'm happy with it. feel it has proper lights now. but those are not direct bolt on at all. you gotta cut stuff, make brackets and do some wiring with diodes.

hopefully he can give you a better comparison. bit pricey yes, but they do look really nice and seem to be built well.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here's a pic i took last trip, just bored middle of the night somewhere on a dark bridge in Louisiana. not that a pic tells much, they are so good in low light these days.

this is with the fog lights on thou.

Attachments

• PXL_20230218_054547897.jpg
    PXL_20230218_054547897.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 6

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here's a pic i took last trip, just bored middle of the night somewhere on a dark bridge in Louisiana. not that a pic tells much, they are so good in low light these days.

@iamdub AKA "Swamp Thang" slithers around under that bridge, be careful.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Atchafalaya Basin Bridge? You said NOLA, but I see trees on the sides of that one. Unless it's that one small part near the west end of the Bonnet Carre near LaPlace.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
J and Doubeleive,
there are no "stock projectors" for these trucks, that being said yes they are better than stock. I would recomend pairing them with a set of "diode dynamics ss3 max" for ultimate visibilty. (that's another $600) lol
if you look closely in this photo (not the best) but you can see me cast a shadow of the car on my right on the wall and you can see there yellow light right in front of them, the rest is all me and some street lights I suppose.
shadow.jpg

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there are no "stock projectors" for these trucks, that being said yes they are better than stock. I would recomend pairing them with a set of "diode dynamics ss3 max" for ultimate visibilty. (that's another $600) lol
if you look closely in this photo (not the best) but you can see me cast a shadow of the car on my right on the wall and you can see there yellow light right in front of them, the rest is all me and some street lights I suppose.
View attachment 400109

I do see the diode Dynamics name around do those have a cut off or they just like a spotlight it looks like a pod like off-road lighting?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep