GMC-style wheels on Tahoe - pics/opinions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
sevTahoe

sevTahoe

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Very helpful stuff. You've convinced me towards 22s in black. Now it's either matte or glossy. Thoughts?! I'd love to hear from those who've regretted either decision, since you can point out aesthetic or practical pros/cons.

---------

Btw, using the info from the below site, I was able to calculate what the difference in vehicle height would be with 22s. Short answer: essentially nothing--.01" taller (once the overall dimension of the tire is divided by two to account for the difference between the ground and the center of the wheel).

Calculations:

20" Wheel & Tire
275 / 25.4 = 10.83" x .55 = 5.95" = = 31.9” OD

22" Wheel & Tire
285 / 25.4 = 11.22" x .45 = 5.05" = = 32.1” OD

See: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=46

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive personally never owned a set of black Gloss rims , But as for matte they are easy to clean and maintain, Although scuffs appear more visible on Matte don't know why but they do . I feel like the Gloss will look better on such a new vehicle and another vote for 22s

jmitchell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My vote is for gloss! Shiny new car needs some shiny new wheels!

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Below is a link to a truck on here with the 20s plasti dipped matte black. Black makes them look smaller.

There is a really long thread on one of the truck sites about the ride of 20 vs 22 and while there was many opinions the theme seemed to be that the 22s still ride great with the factory spec Bridgestone H/L. If you get into tires that require running a higher pressure to support the trucks weight then the ride gets worse from there.

My vote would be gloss black 22. Also might consider the SEV or SEW if you have a few more bucks to spend on factory wheels.

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61311

ma5y4e9u.jpg

4eju6e4u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
sevTahoe

sevTahoe

Reaction score
22" gloss black sounds like the winner. The only bummer is trying to figure out what to do with this brand-new set of 20" wheels and tires. Craigslist?

jmitchell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Careful with that SEW picture above...it seems a bit deceiving. The SEW wheels which I have, do not have chrome or machined look in the openings between the spokes. Those areas are actually painted gloss black. See below...

20140406_155123.jpg

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go 22" glossy black. I went 20" Matte black and wish I had gone bigger. They look good, but a bit smallish with the dark blue. I'm looking to upgrade to 22s or 24s as well if I can get rid of the 20s I have now. Maybe with some glossy black/machine face.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeroman64