GMC-style wheels on Tahoe - pics/opinions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sevTahoe

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm strongly considering swapping out my 20"s for the same size GMC style replica wheels in either gloss black, matte black, or machined silver. I'd love your input!

avy4ytum.jpg

ebavazy8.jpg

gevaqe6e.jpg

uruba6es.jpg

Last edited:

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you like that style then at least a 22 in silver or 24 in black. Black makes everything look small and those new 15's are big. Even the 20's look small on there.... lol

OP
OP
sevTahoe

sevTahoe

Reaction score
Good feedback! Keep it coming! Two things: will 22" add height? (1) I literally have .5" clearance to get into my office parking structure as it is), (2) will 22s truly change the ride? I hear it's a stiffer ride. This is my daily driver in big city life, so the consideration weighs heavily.

Thanks!

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The OD does not change that drastically, if at all.

The hole in the tire gets bigger. The sidewall gets smaller. Thus the slightly stiffer ride.

jmitchell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because you are already almost completely blacked out, if I were you I'd do the gloss black in 22's. However with that said, if you live in a big city that usually means higher chance for wheel rub and the 22's are going to decrease your exposed tire and increase your chances for rub.

For looks go with 22's, but for practicality you may consider the 20's

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you buy 20s you WILL regret it. Especially on that huge New body style with a high belt line.

gettygatz4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of people say 22" rim I say go for it or 24" both go sweet make your mind up summer time here gotta look good

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518