GMC Performance Exhaust Experience

Discussion in 'Performance' started by battledenali, Jan 9, 2018.

GMC Performance Exhaust

1. Good Tone

84.6%
  2. Bad Tone

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Not enough of a change

15.4%
Sponsored By: Black Bear Performance
  1. battledenali

battledenali Member

Name:
    Alex
    Dose anyone have experience with the GMC performance exhaust on a Denali 6.2L?

I had a 2011 Denali with a great stock exhaust rumble, but find the 2017 to almost silent.

I want a good rumble but the V4 drone I hear about scares me.

Are there other exhaust systems you have on a 2015-2018 Denali 6.2L that sounds nice with a refined rumble and no drone?

2. battledenali

battledenali Member

Name:
    Alex
    I scheduled my install for Friday let’s see how this goes. I hope it doesn’t suck.

08HoeCD likes this.
  3. CMil527

CMil527 Full Access Member

Name:
    Craig
    Isn't it a Borla exhaust?

battledenali likes this.
  4. battledenali

battledenali Member

Name:
    Alex
    It is a borla system, but from what I’m told it has the flap.

5. CMil527

CMil527 Full Access Member

Name:
    Craig
    So how did the install go? Impressions?

6. battledenali

battledenali Member

Name:
    Alex
    Nice low rolling rumble. At slow speeds it’s fairly loud going thru the gears, but once on the highway it quiets down. And with the radio on low volume it’s a hair louder then stock volume. But when you stomp on it the beast awakens the way the 6.2L should sound. I’ll post some clips this weekend.

7. CHRIS CALCIANO

CHRIS CALCIANO Member

Name:
    CHRIS
    A friend of mine had that “factory Borla exhaust” installed and did not like it. Personally, I installed the corsa sport and I LOVE it

8. Agent WD-40

Agent WD-40 Full Access Member

Name:
    Eric
    Clearly too late as you already purchased this but if you liked the stock rumble on the previous generation 6.2 SUV (before exhaust got very quiet when they added AFM) you will love the GM Borla system for the new 6.2. I think volume is similar but the Borla has a smoother and deeper tone.

Yes, the GM Borla has the flapper to help with AFM noise. I didn’t notice AFM on the current 6.2 with GM Borla but I did notice the AFM when I put Cora’s on my 2012 Denali.

GTNator likes this.
  9. jeffbco

jeffbco Full Access Member

Name:
    Jeff
    I had it installed on 2017 Yukon Denali - I think it's great. At highway speeds not too loud and no drone. The system does come with the flapper as part of the plumbing but it was never an issue for me since I disable AFM with the Range. I would have preferred a Corsa system but did not want the Sport version and Corsa doesn't offer the touring version for this car. Overall though very happy with the GM/Borla system.

Beagleman likes this.
  10. Jgrimberg1979

Jgrimberg1979 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Justin
    I just had the Borla sport cat back installed on my 17’ Denali and I have to say that it is way way too loud. I have owned Borla sport systems on past cars but they did not sound nearly as loud as this one, granted the other cars were not 6.2l. I love the look of it but the sound is too much. I cringe when I am driving it. I can’t even make a phone call unless I am only cruising because it that loud. I called Borla and they are sending me the touring muffler (had to pay) to swap out but it’s going to take 2-3 weeks. I am thinking about I installling the stock exhaust in the meantime.

I think I would appreciate the loudness in my younger years but not this stage in life.