gmc envoy 4wd actuator broke off in transfer case

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did some corrections on my posts above, in case you need to reference it while you are doing this.

The best reference for this is www.gmtnation.com . The whole website is geared to that truck, and there are some really knowledgeable folks over there.

Just ask @OR VietVet !

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

fraddie321

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thank you, if i run into any problems tomorrow ill prolly backtrack and ask them

OP
OP
F

fraddie321

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This were I at so far this thing is such a b!c!h I wish it would just come out but what do you think do I just slowly keep at it each day, got 20 before work over for that's bout were she at for todayits so sad bc I have the brand new actuator housing crap and new axles but can't get that stupid thing
20230109_163443.jpg

OP
OP
F

fraddie321

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The gear in the center moves in a way that I would think it's ok but should it slight out or nah, just curious, it doesn't tho, feel like it'd be easier if it did

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like the section on the lower right hand corner is completely out?

If so, taking a drift/punch, and going on the right and left of it, and seeing if it will push in, and break the corrosion, is where you are at..

As I said, its been years since this has been an issue for me.. I suggest you post on the other forum about it, and get some more insight than my old and fuddled brain is remembering.

www.gmtnation.com
And post in this post maybe.. Or start your own referring to this post..

I am also on that forum with this same screen name, so if I can help there I will.

Not many on this forum have had this, because these full size trucks that this forum is about have a separate unit, whereas you and I have a integrated unit.

OP
OP
F

fraddie321

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did it i elly did itthank you for the advice lmao i how no idea what to do but she got 4wd again new axles new outter tie rods new upper and lower ball joints and new control arms lmao i did a lil extra while waiting for parts and made her look pretty gotta take one random day to do the rears but i cant believe i was sucsessfulim just a 21 year old detailerlmao i make metal shiny so i just feel alittle acomplishedim very gratful tho would have been lost, she drive so much better now lowkey tho would it be rude to say the lower ball joints were as difficult as it was to drill that housing out20230117_094721.jpg