GMC Emblem Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jvande

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone swapped out the rear GMC emblem on their 21 (or newer) Yukon? The front one seems straightforward and easy but I can't find a "how to" for the emblem on the lift gate.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone swapped out the rear GMC emblem on their 21 (or newer) Yukon? The front one seems straightforward and easy but I can't find a "how to" for the emblem on the lift gate.
They’re just held on with double stick tape. I got new ones with the illuminated front gmc and the little rear ones had 3m tape, just needed to be peeled and stuck. I did have them custom painted body color first though to make em a little more unique

DE3A0916-3770-4710-BD9B-7AD0ED275200.jpeg

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't want to swap mine out, more than I just want to remove it from the rear tailgate. I'm sure all it takes is a heat gun, some fishing line, some Goo-B-Gone, and a little patience.

I really need to get on that before I get a permanent letter outline stain on the paint.

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't want to swap mine out, more than I just want to remove it from the rear tailgate. I'm sure all it takes is a heat gun, some fishing line, some Goo-B-Gone, and a little patience.

I really need to get on that before I get a permanent letter outline stain on the paint.

Been thinking to replace mine with something custom vs GMC.

OP
OP
J

jvande

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the replies. Dealership ended up doing it for free for us when our Yukon delivered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec