GMC Emblem Removal Instructions - Front / Rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justinshort

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey.. I've seen a bunch of discussion on here about how best to get to black GMC emblems but for me.. I'm going the route of buying new black ones with the plan being to install them myself. After all it is 2018 and the we have the internet.. but I'm struggling to find some direction.. especially on the rear emblem on the Yukon and wondered if you guys could point me in the right direction. Lots of videos out there on Sierra Denali emblems but not so much on Yukons. Maybe I missed it.. thanks for the help.

Dlayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are looking for instructions for removal of the stock badges this is the method I have used for years. Search for “Debadging” and you will find a thread titled as such with other methods as well.

I just used a heat gun, old hotel key and Rapid Remover adhesive remover (Goo Gone on steroids). Then buffed out with Mequires Correction Compound, polished and waxed. Replaced the Yukon XL emblem, but not sure the Denali will stay. The GMC had to go! PS Same method on the wife's black BMW can't tell anything was there.View attachment 79576

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not too old or you’ll scratch things up...;)
I'm thinking he means a plastic card key but any hotel key needs to be returned or they charge you. Plus who has something like that laying around? You just plain need to explain yourself @Dlayne, telling someone to use a key on their paint. SMH.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Women throw their hotel keys at me and shout their room numbers while I walk down the street. I have tons of those keys.

No, wait, that's in my dreams, never mind...

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking he means a plastic card key but any hotel key needs to be returned or they charge you. Plus who has something like that laying around? You just plain need to explain yourself @Dlayne, telling someone to use a key on their paint. SMH.

I have not returned dozens of hotel keys over the years and never once been charged....

Dlayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Too funny!! Yep, the plastic hotel key...best scrapers ever! And, no they never charge for those.