GMC App

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

Quick question, has anybody that uses the GMC app had a warning sent to you and turned out to be in error. Tonight I received a warning of a critical oil status "Critical Oil Low 0%" which then had me a little panicked since I don't have the vehicle at my house. The vehicle is getting ceramic coating so I called him and said there isn't any oil leaks and they haven't drove the vehicle. I had him start the vehicle and the oil is 87% and fine which it should be for a brand new vehicle with only 800 miles on it. he I logged into the app again and now it shows everything fine and confirms oil at 87%

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would assume that critically low oil 0% would mean you’re due for an oil change asap. The oil change interval is in % on my dash. So realistically nothing to worry about in the sense of panicking.

I’d be surprised if it told you the capacity of your oil via the app or anywhere on the truck

Jellyfrosh

Reaction score
As far as I can tell the app's oil percentage is for oil life not the amount of oil you have, but that's kinda odd it would tell you it's at 0% at 800 miles. Mine was at 67% at 2500 miles when I had the first oil change done.

OP
OP
zbad55

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, didn't mean that it was the oil level but it was the oil life percentage that was critical and at 0%, then after the vehicle was started and I checked again the oil life was at 87%, some type of glitch in the App but not sure what triggered it.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, didn't mean that it was the oil level but it was the oil life percentage that was critical and at 0%, then after the vehicle was started and I checked again the oil life was at 87%, some type of glitch in the App but not sure what triggered it.
It happens; usually just takes a refresh.

martinajm

Reaction score
My app has been telling me that I am low on DEF for about 3000 miles. That might not be one that resets itself until you actually refill the DEF, but my guess is that it just miscalculated the remaining milage once and wont go away until I refill.

E_S_D

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This morning OnStar texted and e-mailed me that I had critically low tire pressures and need to take action immediately. I opened the My Chevrolet App and it also told me my tire pressures were critically low. Normal pressure is 36 PSI according to the manual, my tires were at 33-34 PSI ... but the recommended pressure according to the App is 575 PSI! Golly gee, my air compressor only goes up to 150 PSI, what can I do? :)

IMG_2636.PNG

MB///HRV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This morning OnStar texted and e-mailed me that I had critically low tire pressures and need to take action immediately. I opened the My Chevrolet App and it also told me my tire pressures were critically low. Normal pressure is 36 PSI according to the manual, my tires were at 33-34 PSI ... but the recommended pressure according to the App is 575 PSI! Golly gee, my air compressor only goes up to 150 PSI, what can I do? :)

View attachment 407901
I got the same this AM. Initially thought I had a flat but all was good when I checked in the truck.

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get erroneus warnings all the time. Sometimes it's the tires, sometimes oil, and even once the transmission. All were erroneous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh

Latest posts