GMC app question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dez78n

Reaction score
Hi! New here and just ordered my Yukon. I have a question tho about the app. My husband has a 2018 Sierra Denali and with the app he can start the truck, unlock the doors, check tire pressure etc. And he doesn't pay anything to be able to do this, and it's never cost him anything. But everything I can find says that requires a 14.99/month onstar subscription. Am I missing something? Is this a thing that used to be free that just recently started being a paid service and his is grandfathered in somehow? Has he just been lucky?

CXXX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
GM started charging for Remote Access around mid 2018, I had a 2018 Sierra and just missed the cut off and had to pay the $14.99.
You might be able to get an OnStar discount through Costco.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the basic functions of the My GMC app work for 5 years or 100K miles.... Someone can correct me if I'm wrong....

Also the Costco discount for OnStar was discontinued....

ArcticF5

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Post mid 2018, the My GMC / My Chevy app basically isn't useful (no remote key fob). I had a 2015 with all the app goodness and my wife got a 2019 and after the trial all the app goodness ended.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts