GM Support

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Larry07Yukon

Reaction score
Unless you are the original owner and have been a loyal customer to GM for years and years, I highly doubt they will feel obligated to offer any help on a 10 year old SUV. Good luck however, every dealer is different.
What does being the original owner have to do with any of this?

I'm loyal to GM, I have a 2002 Pontiac Trans Am I purchased new as well as a 2017 Z06 I purchased new. I bought the Yukon used from a GMC dealer

What the heck is taking so long on this?

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Airbag recall shouldn't be an issue. That's at a federal level. Your limitation there will be parts availability and scheduling

As to the cracked dash... It's a 10 year old vehicle. As far as the market's concerned, that's EOL. Even as far as 'goodwill' goes you ain't going to get it. You can pay to have it replaced but as far as trying to get it warrantied? Forget it.

You can get covers that snap on top for aesthetic purposes. They install in a few minutes.

If you want to replace the dash as a whole.. It's not a terribly difficult job. Just tedious. Set a side a Saturday and get it done. Order a couple interior clips ahead of time. You will lose or break at least one

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fix the cracked dash with an overlay. They are about 150$ and look great. Look up in interior section i have pictures there. It’s much more reasonable cost to do that rather than try and replace the entire Dash top which will be about $900.