GM Supplier Discount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmb12686

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is anyone willing and able to share a GM Supplier Discount authorization with me? I'm about to take delivery of a new GMC Yukon, and I've been unable to secure one thru my network of friends and family.

Thanks in advance!

Jhy143

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s that easy. The dealership will verify proof of employment with the supplier by requiring you to provide some information to submit to GM (e.g. a picture of your employee badge).

OP
OP
J

jmb12686

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s that easy. The dealership will verify proof of employment with the supplier by requiring you to provide some information to submit to GM (e.g. a picture of your employee badge).
You can give an authorization to friends and family within one year of utilizing it yourself. Apparently the information submitted for verification, such as a badge, can have most of the personal information redacted.

In any event, it's worth a shot

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has your dealer agreed to honor the supplier pricing? They seem very rare to come by these days. If so, where?

Yukon21Denali

Reaction score
GM has apparently tightened the rules around supplier pricing. Dealer I bought my Denali from, 250 mi away, agreed for supplier but strictly went by the book. Since it was from my wife’s employer, besides employment proof like badge, they required the sale, loan, all paperwork on my wife’s name.

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM has apparently tightened the rules around supplier pricing. Dealer I bought my Denali from, 250 mi away, agreed for supplier but strictly went by the book. Since it was from my wife’s employer, besides employment proof like badge, they required the sale, loan, all paperwork on my wife’s name.
What dealership? I'm trying to find a dealer in Texas that will honor supplier pricing on a 22 order.

Yukon21Denali

Reaction score
What dealership? I'm trying to find a dealer in Texas that will honor supplier pricing on a 22 order.
I bought from Flemington gmc in NJ, I’m in MA.
GM allows supplier on Yukon’s and Tahoe’s but upto the dealership to accept it or not. Expand your search radius and call them all till you find one who agrees for supplier. It’s an easy 5k off on MSRP.

GoTigersGo10

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've contacted probably 30 dealers within 500 miles and nobody is agreeing to honor the discount. I am supposed to get it with my company. It's frustrating but I get it with the shortage.

brynie3140

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a dealer that’s supposedly willing to honor, but my salesman seems clueless when it comes to the discount. Said the discount varies by the supplier, and that he’s never seen a discount over $1500. He says that if I see more than $1500 on my end, I might need to go and analyze the discount more closely and temper my expectations.

First of all, it looks like the discount is the same for all suppliers - right? He’s blowing smoke there.

Second, when I build online the discount is about $5800 on model year 2021. He sent me the build sheet for MY 22 and I think my price is the price labeled as “Supplier W/DFC”…. would you all agree? See attached.

Attachments

• BB44183A-43F9-4597-A57C-5EF64A206DFB.jpeg
    BB44183A-43F9-4597-A57C-5EF64A206DFB.jpeg
    210.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a dealer that’s supposedly willing to honor, but my salesman seems clueless when it comes to the discount. Said the discount varies by the supplier, and that he’s never seen a discount over $1500. He says that if I see more than $1500 on my end, I might need to go and analyze the discount more closely and temper my expectations.

First of all, it looks like the discount is the same for all suppliers - right? He’s blowing smoke there.

Second, when I build online the discount is about $5800 on model year 2021. He sent me the build sheet for MY 22 and I think my price is the price labeled as “Supplier W/DFC”…. would you all agree? See attached.
Correct. That's the supplier price with delivery fee.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts