GM Stops Selling 3.0L Duramax Diesel Due To Supplier Shortage:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badreau

Reaction score
For what its worth, I was able to place a factory order for a 2022 Tahoe Duramax on 10/28/2021. Dealer had an allocation he committed to me.
Dealer said GM had lifted the constraint on the Duramax and on some other packages. Only constraint that affected me was that the Max Trailering Package wasn't available.
Order details:
- 2022 Tahoe RST 4x4
- 3.0L Duramax
- Dark Ash Metallic
- Luxury Package
- 2nd Row Buckets
Order was accepted by GM on 11/3/2021.

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what its worth, I was able to place a factory order for a 2022 Tahoe Duramax on 10/28/2021. Dealer had an allocation he committed to me.
Dealer said GM had lifted the constraint on the Duramax and on some other packages. Only constraint that affected me was that the Max Trailering Package wasn't available.
Order details:
- 2022 Tahoe RST 4x4
- 3.0L Duramax
- Dark Ash Metallic
- Luxury Package
- 2nd Row Buckets
Order was accepted by GM on 11/3/2021.
have you verified with someone that your order status is at least 2000?

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The GMC inventory search shows a few diesels as "in transit". Maybe they have lifted the pause? The build and price site also no longer lists the diesel and certain packages as unavailable. Odd that they would put out a press release for the pause and not when it is lifted though.
The online builder for 21's doesn't mean much anymore, unfortunately

badreau

Reaction score
have you verified with someone that your order status is at least 2000?
Yup you bet. Order Accepted by GM - Status 2000.
Also just got an email from GM today (as a follow-up to a chat I initiated on Chev website) that confirmed order is accepted and just waiting on a TPW now.

Tahoe210SA

Reaction score
Also just got an email from GM today (as a follow-up to a chat I initiated on Chev website) that confirmed order is accepted and just waiting on a TPW now.
Any luck on your TPW yet?

Fourtyfive

Reaction score
I am ordering a Yukon XL Denali 3.0 in the morning, they said 4-5 months. I am currently waiting on a 2022 Ram Longhorn 2500. Lots of waiting to do…..

winter15

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I wanted to share my states. Placed an order for a 22 Denali with the diesel on 9/24. Dealer was surprised the diesel was an option but order went through. I have a target production date of 11/15. Currently in 3000 status.

Amaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM Stops Selling 3.0L Duramax Diesel Due To Supplier Shortage:

Currently, the LM2 3.0-liter Duramax turbo-diesel engine powers a variety of GM trucks and SUVs, namely the Chevy Silverado, Tahoe, and Suburban; GMC Yukon and Sierra; and Cadillac Escalade.

We would like to remind you that this report is still filed as a rumor at this point – at least until GM releases an official statement about the matter. We suspect more news about the stoppage will rise

in the coming week, so we'll be on our toes. As of this writing, the Duramax diesel engine option is still available for the mentioned vehicles via the applicable websites.

Certainly not something you want to hear if you're planning to get one soon.

General Motors has allegedly stopped selling the LM2 3.0-liter Duramax turbo-diesel engine. That's if we're to

believe the anonymous tip sent to The Fast Lane Truck, which shows a copy of the message sent to GMC dealer

operators and sale managers, dated August 27, 2021. According to the message, the "availability of the LM2 diesel

engine has changed to zero" due to a last-minute supplier shortage.

Of note, the tip sent didn't mention any specifics regarding the shortage nor did it specify any future plan. It did, however,

encourage dealers to offer the gasoline-powered counterparts (5.3-liter V8 and 6.2-liter V8) by removing ordering constraint

I hope this will mot effect next years 2022 yukon
Haha cause they can't get oil for these hunks of junk engines.

Fourtyfive

Reaction score
I have a Ram 2500 being built and follow a forum where we discuss our builds and statuses. Is there a page on here for doing that with 2022 Yukons?

Last edited:

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lucky you. My denali is stuck, hasn't been picked up yet. Not sure what the holdup is. Dealer had allocation, and said no constraints when I ordered. :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues