GM Special Policy 2016-2017 Fuel Injectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kiboater

Reaction score
I am trying to understand GM's rationale as it applies to fuel injectors. Special Policy N182198000 covers rough idle, check engine light etc and the replacement of fuel injectors to correct these issues. It extends the factory warranty to 10 years or 150,000 miles. I have attached a copy of the policy.

The really weird thing is I received a letter from GM because I live in Maryland, but a friend who lives in a neighboring state has the same issue but his is not covered because he lives in Virginia.

I did some research and discovered that the states where the warranty applies are ones that use California emission standards. Still doesn't make sense.

Does anyone know how this is determined? For instance is it the state where you purchased the vehicle or the state license plate or the state where the repairing dealer is located? The policy does not clarify this issue.

I would appreciate hearing about any experiences with this issue.

Attachments

• Fuel Injectors N182198000 Spec Policy.pdf
    241.2 KB · Views: 20
  • States Adopting California's Clean Cars Standards.pdf
    89.8 KB · Views: 8

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would look into a higher level than that...i am mistaken to think these vehicles have ALL met the 50 state emissions requirements ???? if so, they should all have california standards...otherwise one could not transfer the vehicle into that state (lord only knows why we would want to anyway) and get a registration

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter