GM releasing Perf parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TrucksterZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Finally able to get the 5.3 CAI 84854456 from ShopChevy ..... however no instructions exist to my knowledge. The link from the GM insert doesn't mention the cold air at all, and the part number on the sheet 84789796 (pre yellow sticker being added to it) looks to be from a previous model. Anyone install the GM CAI on a '21 yet? And if so, where did you get the install instructions.

TrucksterZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Maybe somebody can help me make some sense of this .... horrible time with GM and local dealer. I installed part above (wanted to wait for actual GM part for warranty and the flash, which I now regret). Took Tahoe to dealer and they were not able to make the GM code take, also they charged me for it despite the instructions saying "cost included in price of kit". Called GM and they are saying (which makes 0 sense) that my RPO was not able to accept the reprogram for the CAI as it was not built for it ..... this is my first Chevy so curious if this is a common issue with GM, or if anybody has had success with the GM performance CAI in a 2021 yet. Never had so much nonsense with a CAI in my life, and don't feel like uninstalling and trying to return at this point. Thanks!

OP
OP
Bigmanny

Bigmanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer called and said that my GM Perf intake is in. Plan on having it installed next week.

Equallizer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Maybe somebody can help me make some sense of this .... horrible time with GM and local dealer. I installed part above (wanted to wait for actual GM part for warranty and the flash, which I now regret). Took Tahoe to dealer and they were not able to make the GM code take, also they charged me for it despite the instructions saying "cost included in price of kit". Called GM and they are saying (which makes 0 sense) that my RPO was not able to accept the reprogram for the CAI as it was not built for it ..... this is my first Chevy so curious if this is a common issue with GM, or if anybody has had success with the GM performance CAI in a 2021 yet. Never had so much nonsense with a CAI in my life, and don't feel like uninstalling and trying to return at this point. Thanks!

I got the Cold Air Inductions intake kit and my dealer is going to do the MAF flash for me for $90. Hopefully it works for my truck!

OP
OP
Bigmanny

Bigmanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the Cold Air Inductions intake kit and my dealer is going to do the MAF flash for me for $90. Hopefully it works for my truck!
Hey man, would love to know how much louder it is? I have had a few intakes that I hated. Way Too loud not too mention strange throttle response. This flash should make this thing tuned.

Gibby13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You think a dealer would do the flash if an aftermarket CAI was installed?

Equallizer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You think a dealer would do the flash if an aftermarket CAI was installed?
Mine is doing it as we speak! I'll update once I get it back. It's in for lifters so who knows when that will be.

Equallizer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey man, would love to know how much louder it is? I have had a few intakes that I hated. Way Too loud not too mention strange throttle response. This flash should make this thing tuned.
Its a pretty subtle difference. Definitely sounds better. Barely noticable while cruising but will give you a nice deep rumble when you punch it! I had a k&n on my previous ride (2014 grand cherokee) and that intake was really loud, more like a scream compared to this one is more like a roar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14