GM or Aftermarket Extendable Outside Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

projectman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 21' travel trailer and need to replace the L/R outside mirrors. I have seen the kind that slide in out and this would be something I need since I keep my Tahoe in the garage. I can't seem to find them online.

I have a 2017 Tahoe LT.

Any hints where I could get these? I assume GM sells them but can't find them online. Are there aftermarket ones that are better than any factory options? Again don't want the kind that fold in.

I don't have heated mirrors or the kind with directional arrows, parking lamps, etc.

Last edited:

Staggered 02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get OEM tow mirrors through a dealer, Craiglist or ebay. You can get aftermarket mirrors for a lot less bu the quality is not so great and they do not have all of the features. I just purchased a spare set and a wire harness that allow the mirror back up lights to come on without having to push the cargo light button.

How soon are you looking to change the mirrors out? OEM GM part numbers are (not sure which is Left or Right). 8422-8894 & 8422-8891.

609805726.jpg 20200429_193534.jpg

Larryjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing I had not thought about for towing mirrors is that strap on (like Mckesh) allow you to keep your original mirrors adjusted so you can see what is beside your truck. Then you can adjust the tow mirrors to see a common point 200' behind the trailer ( a common legal requirement ). I now like being able to see what is behind the trailer in one mirror and beside me in the other. A tow mirror may not show what is in a bind spot beside the truck.

Cpta88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The tow mirror has two mirrors and on my last Sierra I had tow mirrors and I added a convex in the corner for blind spot

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu