GM is buying back my Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like your Raptor. What color is that? In the pic it looks like a "Dove Grey"...nice vehicle...I just read the Motor Trend off road test on the new one...560 ft # of TQ...WOW !!

OP
OP
Ashley

Ashley

Reaction score
Congrats on the raptor, it looks great! I've had numerous Ford pickups since 1998 and they've all been basically trouble free.

Speaking of Ford, my wife was supposed to be given a Tahoe rental last week but ended up in a '17 expedition instead, which had the ecoboost v6 in it. I believe the raptor has an even more powerful version of that engine? Anyway, I had to eat my prior words on the idea of a 6 cyl in a fullsize suv like that. I drove it for over 8hrs and literally did not notice the transmission shifting unless I looked at the dash readout, and it never lacked for power at all.

I was very impressed across the board with this vehicle. Reading horror stories like you had with your GM SUV and many others here and elsewhere has me evaluating other options.

The new ones have a V-6 twin turbo engine and a 10 speed transmission with a ton of different driving modes and steering modes. It has a ton of power, it's pretty crazy. This is our 4th Ford truck and we never had issues with any of them.

OP
OP
Ashley

Ashley

Reaction score
I like your Raptor. What color is that? In the pic it looks like a "Dove Grey"...nice vehicle...I just read the Motor Trend off road test on the new one...560 ft # of TQ...WOW !!

It's called avalanche grey, it looks kind of like dodge's new destroyer grey. It looks different in different light but it always looks clean and it's like a no sheen color so it's pretty cool. Yeah it has a ton of torque, 450HP and twin turbos. The hubby and I are constantly battling on who gets to drive it .

Glocksub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new ones have a V-6 twin turbo engine and a 10 speed transmission with a ton of different driving modes and steering modes. It has a ton of power, it's pretty crazy. This is our 4th Ford truck and we never had issues with any of them.

I can imagine that ecoboost twin turbo has some serious power! The expedition EL had a ton of power with just the 6sp tranny and single turbo v6.

Enjoy it. I saw one here two weeks ago in that same color, and thought it looked really nice against the dark tinted windows that the driver had done.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Out of all the vehicles I've owned I can say with confidence GM was the least of my issues.All my ford units were pretty decent except the F150's where I had transmission issues.Anything dodge/jeep/FCA is a total write off...pure garbage.
Sorry to hear about your Yukon it's really too bad GM hasn't gotten their shit together on the platform because by far it's the best looking out there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My experience has been quite the opposite. Last two GM vehicles have been garbage (Traverse LTZ, and current 15 Yukon XL.) Multiple repairs before 50k and vehicles just never seem right. Meanwhile my 11 grand cherokee has 90k miles and still drives like the day I drove it off the lot. and I've made one trip to the dealer over 5+yrs. Our 08 Tahoe was pretty solid and a great truck but even that had many drivetrain issues and oil leaks all before 80k.

Our 15 yukon is definitely a love/hate truck. I want to like it and keep the yukon, but will more than likely(if I can hold out long enough) be trading in for 18 expedition EL when it arrives this summer.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the raptor, it looks great! I've had numerous Ford pickups since 1998 and they've all been basically trouble free.

Speaking of Ford, my wife was supposed to be given a Tahoe rental last week but ended up in a '17 expedition instead, which had the ecoboost v6 in it. I believe the raptor has an even more powerful version of that engine? Anyway, I had to eat my prior words on the idea of a 6 cyl in a fullsize suv like that. I drove it for over 8hrs and literally did not notice the transmission shifting unless I looked at the dash readout, and it never lacked for power at all.

I was very impressed across the board with this vehicle. Reading horror stories like you had with your GM SUV and many others here and elsewhere has me evaluating other options.

It will be interesting to see how it performs in the all new Expedition. I believe it will be same powerplant but with the 10spd tranny.

Glocksub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My experience has been quite the opposite. Last two GM vehicles have been garbage (Traverse LTZ, and current 15 Yukon XL.) Multiple repairs before 50k and vehicles just never seem right. Meanwhile my 11 grand cherokee has 90k miles and still drives like the day I drove it off the lot. and I've made one trip to the dealer over 5+yrs. Our 08 Tahoe was pretty solid and a great truck but even that had many drivetrain issues and oil leaks all before 80k.

Our 15 yukon is definitely a love/hate truck. I want to like it and keep the yukon, but will more than likely(if I can hold out long enough) be trading in for 18 expedition EL when it arrives this summer.

Similar experiences here....two Ram 3/4 ton pickups with zero issues, and a loaded Durango that never saw the svc department except for oil changes up to the day it was traded at 40k miles.

Out of the three GM pickups I've had since 2009, two of them were 1500's (with the 6sp auto) that were nothing but problems. The only GM trucks and SUV that I've had that were problem free were models from 98-2006.

I love the looks and interior on the current Yukon/Tahoe, just not totally certain I want to pull the trigger given all the known issues.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
My daughter wants a new Tahoe, and after reading about all the problems I told her you need to do some research before you shell out that kind of money, She's only twenty five. the price of a new Tahoe is more than I paid for my first house, yep no shit!!

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My daughter wants a new Tahoe, and after reading about all the problems I told her you need to do some research before you shell out that kind of money, She's only twenty five. the price of a new Tahoe is more than I paid for my first house, yep no shit!!

I know many here were waiting to see if issues were fixed for 17 and it doesn't appear to happen... If she's set on one, maybe wait until the 18s arrive late summer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan