GM factory extended warranty(ESP)...Best place to buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scip

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone know of where to go to get the best deal on a GM factory extended warranty?

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome, been discussed several times on this forum. There are some that say don't do it so be prepared. Many of us have them and used them when needed. No vehicle is perfect regardless of the manufacturer. Lots of expensive electronics on these new style vehicles. You can use the search forums option or I like using Google and this site should pull up. Get the best price which there are several and have your Dealer meet or beat the price or purchase from the ones mentioned on this forum. Good luck.

BMPNUGLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I bought my 15 Denali XL I had checked extended warranty prices through my credit union when I checked on financing. I believe their cost was the best at the moment and I definitely was going to get an extended warranty due to using the Denali for work putting ~40-50K annually on a vehicle...

When picking up the Denali from the dealer of course their finance guy threw me the ‘up sell pitch’ for the extended bumper to bumper warranty (for 4 years up to 110K miles)..he started out at like $2,500-3,000 (can’t remember the exact figure).....I responded that I had a warranty all lined out at my credit union but hadn’t bought it just yet....so if he could beat it I’d consider his offer...the credit unions deal was ~$1K...dealer finance guy threw a fit and spent the next 30+ minutes running around talking to his managers etc and came back with $900 as their offer so I went for it! Funny how they could drop ~$2K off their first offer and still make $ on it!!! Crooks!!

Anyway lesson learned - be prepared with other options/quotes and use it to your advantage.

Fatrusty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I bought my 15 Denali XL I had checked extended warranty prices through my credit union when I checked on financing. I believe their cost was the best at the moment and I definitely was going to get an extended warranty due to using the Denali for work putting ~40-50K annually on a vehicle...

When picking up the Denali from the dealer of course their finance guy threw me the ‘up sell pitch’ for the extended bumper to bumper warranty (for 4 years up to 110K miles)..he started out at like $2,500-3,000 (can’t remember the exact figure).....I responded that I had a warranty all lined out at my credit union but hadn’t bought it just yet....so if he could beat it I’d consider his offer...the credit unions deal was ~$1K...dealer finance guy threw a fit and spent the next 30+ minutes running around talking to his managers etc and came back with $900 as their offer so I went for it! Funny how they could drop ~$2K off their first offer and still make $ on it!!! Crooks!!

Anyway lesson learned - be prepared with other options/quotes and use it to your advantage.
Did the same thing at closing on the wife's GMC Acadia. The pitch was $3k and I pulled up the info from Knapp car warranties. He was so pissed he showed the manager and came back would do it for the same price. $1800. He was so pissed his hands were shaking. Lol Dude lost a lot of money in his pocket.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't get those annoying phone calls? Your vehicle warranty is about to expire.......Once a week from a different number.

Once a day here. Spoofing with local numbers too. Getting real annoying.

BMPNUGLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't get those annoying phone calls? Your vehicle warranty is about to expire.......Once a week from a different number.
Once a day here. Spoofing with local numbers too. Getting real annoying.

I don’t...not real sure why..but haven’t ever got a call related to my warranty...

lsutigers

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone know of where to go to get the best deal on a GM factory extended warranty?

I am finalizing the paperwork for a 21 Denali we ordered and compared the factory GM extended warranty with the "aftermarket" dealership option. After reading both contracts, sadly, the GM excludes a lot more than the "Platinum" plan through Protective Asset Protection offered by the GMC dealership. The GMC dealership does not even offer the factory GM extended warranty. Possibly because their margins are higher with the aftermarket company but the fine print in the "exclusionary" contract is what really matters.

Bottom line: read the fine print.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wintermute92

Latest posts