GM engine in Chevy Express

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I were in the market for a new tow vehicle right now, it would be a Ford F-350 with the 7.3 gasser, single rear wheel.

Van's in the shop again so I'm currently in a rental- a '21 F250 Super Doody crew cab with the 6.2. It does okay, but it's empty. Ride is terrible and seats hurt. When Enterprise said they had a truck for me, I was thinking a Colorado/Canyon or any brand of 1500. I do mostly highway driving. This won't happen again.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Here’s why I like the 7.3 gasser for towing…

Can't say in the 30+ years I've been here in Colorado that I've heard anyone call that run the "Ike Gauntlet." Someone trademarked it, and it's probably used by very few people.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't say in the 30+ years I've been here in Colorado that I've heard anyone call that run the "Ike Gauntlet." Someone trademarked it, and it's probably used by very few people.
Agreed. Sure feels like it though on a snowy day with minivans spun out all over the place and I’m tryna make a flight.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe my ignorance though-aren't the 6.2l are aluminum? More of the hotrod truck engine?

I'd always heard the 6.2 was a car engine placed in a truck for sales & marketing.

The 6.0 and 6.6 are truck engines.

At least that's what the smooth-brained dumb-dumbs I used to work with always whined about.

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd always heard the 6.2 was a car engine placed in a truck for sales & marketing.

The 6.0 and 6.6 are truck engines.

At least that's what the smooth-brained dumb-dumbs I used to work with always whined about.
The 6.2 all aluminum is the same long block as the Corvette-C7 and Camaro with diferent intake and exhaust manifolds and ECU. 420 hp for SUV and 455 HP for Camaro. Same cam, compression ratio. Needs premium with 11-1 CR.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts