Gloss black grill?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DQ Dave

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all!

New here, but looking for some suggestions. Anyone have any pointers on where I can find a gloss black grill for my 2017 Yukon Denali? I want to black out all the chrome and I’m not confident someone can wrap that.

Thank you
Dave!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I cannot assist you with your question, but other folks will chime in.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics, please.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Have you tried Carid.com? I’ve used them for a few things and had no issues. I decided to use DupliColor Wet Look Custom Wrap paint. I haven’t applied it yet, but Youtube videos of doing this turns out well.

OP
OP
D

DQ Dave

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you all. I’m going to see how much it will be to get it painted. Otherwise I’ll go one of the other routes.

take care all

RThomasII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2019 Yukon Denali. I went the blackout route and also debadged. All chrome is vinyl wrapped and I had the grill prepped and painted.

Sorry.... These are the only pics I could find. I traded the truck last month.

20190904_164109.jpg 20190904_164122.jpg

OP
OP
D

DQ Dave

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2019 Yukon Denali. I went the blackout route and also debadged. All chrome is vinyl wrapped and I had the grill prepped and painted.

Sorry.... These are the only pics I could find. I traded the truck last month.

View attachment 258575 View attachment 258576
Exactly what I’m planning on doing myself. I know 2 painters and they both told me to get a black grill over painting the chrome one. Once it gets a rock chip it will show the chrome through of course. What’s your take on this?

As for the vinyl wrap on the rest, how did yours hold up? Did you have any issues with the door handles? Mines a 2017 in red so I just wanted to get that chrome section on them and don’t know how it will turn out.

Thanks! Dave

RThomasII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wrap held up great. No peeling etc. whatsoever.

If I had it to do all over again I would swap as many pieces as I could from a standard Yukon and just wrap the window trim and the grill bezel. With all the wrap you're pretty much limited to always hand washing the vehicle. Which is my practice anyway but I would liked to have had the option of using an auto/touchless car wash if needed.

I sent the grill insert out for paint. What you see in my pic is the actual OEM grill. I was told the grill was etched/sanded, primed, painted, and cleared. The truck was purchased brand new, blacked out at 275 miles, and I traded it last month with 4958 miles on the odometer so I can't speak to LONG, long term durability but I never saw any issues with the paint work. Not sure where you are located but shoot me a PM and I'll give you the name/number of the shop that did the paint work. They may be able to help.

I will say the job was not cheap and there were times when I wished I could roll back.

On the subject of the door handles. The door handles came with a black "face" and chrome bezel. I never touched them because they seemed like they'd be a PITA to remove and reinstall. Plus I knew my GMC logo was going to maintain the silver/chrome outline so I left the door handles alone for symmetry.

For what its worth... There is another member here with a Yukon SLT that is completely blacked out. I think his name is "Modded". Not sure how active he is but I'm sure most of the old heads around here know him. He was super helpful to me when I asked him a bunch of questions about his truck. Maybe look him up for some additional insight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveandKish