Ghost in my 2019 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RH913

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all
A very strange thing happen some time during last night.

After parking, locking, and retracting the mirrors late yesterday evening, Upon going out to the vehicle this morning I found all 4 windows down, the mirrors extended, and the doors unlocked. Nothing was either missing or disturbed.

Has anyone else been visited by this GHOST. Very strange!!!!!!!!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The dreaded wiring ghost has shown up again. Inspect ALL ground wiring from front to rear. Seems that whenever the ghost shows up it is related to numerous ground problems.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't there a "hidden" function in these things where you press and hold buttons on the fob to lower the windows and extend the mirrors? Have any kids that may have been playing with your fob? Maybe you inadvertently squeezed the unlock button in your pocket?

*EDIT*

Found a YouTube video that hopefully will explain what happened and rest your mind that there is nothing wrong with your Tahoe:

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RH913

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Isn't there a "hidden" function in these things where you press and hold buttons on the fob to lower the windows and extend the mirrors? Have any kids that may have been playing with your fob? Maybe you inadvertently squeezed the unlock button in your pocket?

*EDIT*

Found a YouTube video that hopefully will explain what happened and rest your mind that there is nothing wrong with your Tahoe:

None of the above.

OP
OP
R

RH913

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The dreaded wiring ghost has shown up again. Inspect ALL ground wiring from front to rear. Seems that whenever the ghost shows up it is related to numerous ground problems.
I spoke with a local service manager, the only thing he could come up with was the possibility that the drivers door switches got wet and it shorted out, it was raining but not heavily.

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe you inadvertently squeezed the unlock button in your pocket?
Usually the simplest explanation is the correct one - most likely inadvertent activate unlock button - can happen when the fob is stored in a pocket on some tight jeans.

OP
OP
R

RH913

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I spoke with a local service manager, the only thing he could come up with was the possibility that the drivers door switches got wet and it shorted out, it was raining but not heavily.
UPDATE
I mentioned this episode to my son and he suggested that I click the remote unlock button twice and hold it down. Well wouldn't you know it the windows went down the mirrors extended and the doors unlocked.

He doesn't own a Yukon, but he said that this is a common remote function.

Mystery solved, I guess I need to be more careful where I sit.

PS. I had called the service department, when it happened, where I bought this Yukon and asked the service manager if he had any reports of this occurring, and he said no, it was probably the rain had gotten into the drivers door switch and shorted it out.

I guess I won't be using their service department for repairs.

OP
OP
R

RH913

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Usually the simplest explanation is the correct one - most likely inadvertent activate unlock button - can happen when the fob is stored in a pocket on some tight jeans.
You were right.

OP
OP
R

RH913

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
None of the above.

*EDIT*

You were right

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's never ever going to happen even if you took the Tahoe swimming, water would have to travel up, the contacts and connectors are all upside down.
on top of that the signal to command the function is via serial data bus, the most you would get from a wet switch is it just wouldn't work.
once you remove the key from the ignition and open and shut the drivers door RAP "retained accessory power" is cut off, the window switches wont even work nor the mirror. the bcm would have to send power like it does when you hit the fob button.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts