Getting rid of squeaks and rattles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OilfieldTrash78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up a ‘16 Denali with 29k miles. It has quite a few sqeaks in the interior when going over bumps. I can take it to the dealer, but don’t really want to sit there and point out every squeak. Is there a way to fix some of these myself?

Thanks

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it squeaks going over bumps, I would start with silicone lube and go over bushings (shocks, sway bar links, etc) and such.

DWTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the back seats in general make a lot of noise when going over bumps and stuff. I think it's because of all the automatic latches and power fold systems. Let us know if you have any luck getting things quiet, I'd be interested in what you figure out. Thanks.

OP
OP
O

OilfieldTrash78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the back seats in general make a lot of noise when going over bumps and stuff. I think it's because of all the automatic latches and power fold systems. Let us know if you have any luck getting things quiet, I'd be interested in what you figure out. Thanks.

Will do. I bought some felt tape to try and help with some of the sqeaks and stuff in the dash.

salanizi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My '15 Denali also does the same,

I was once with the dealership test driver driving the truck around (after fixing the shifting drivers seat via TSB), and every time we hit a bump we would hear a squeak from the trunk; the dealership guy told me that is the trunk door latch which needs adjustment and lubrication.

I just ignored it....

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I got my early build 15 I had several squeaks around the center console. Sprayed them with silicone spray, wiped off the access and never heard them again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts