GeorgeB’s 2013 Suburban LTZ “Fin”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Thought I would start a thread on my new to me Suburban. Moved to this one from a 2003 Suburban Z71 with 244,000 on it. This one is a 2013 LTZ with 64,000 on the clock. Spent most of its life in MO and the last year in Finland. Came with a clean carfax, service records and a full set of Weather tech floor mats. Was missing the headsets and remote for the entertainment but...Ebay.

Not much in the works as far as planned upgrades for now. I do plan to get it rust proofed for life here in WI and I would like to find some splash guards that will work with my power running boards so I am taking suggestions there. I know I can do some adjusting to the location of the boards so I just need to find some quality guards with a low profile.

I also plan to swap the 22” chrome rims for some 18” takeoffs and some Falken WildPeaks at some point. The chrome is pitted in places and I want wheels that require less maintenance. As an option I was considering the black steel wheels used on the police Tahoes too.

As far as current repairs needed, I am missing one of the armrest plugs for the rear captains chairs. And last I had noted that the buttons for the rear climate control stay illuminated all the time even with the key out and doors closed. I have a separate thread for this but would really appreciate some help on that one. I have a new control in my Rockauto cart so I just need confirmation that is the issue.

Here are some pick from the day I picked it up.

9F611DAD-01B0-4DB9-8CE7-EE4C63D6839B.jpeg 49676E56-F373-4E5C-8C2D-EE2ED3E9BD0E.jpeg 9DE37044-C71B-46F7-B05F-CEB0B3707384.jpeg A72876B5-35C9-4632-AB76-B3C6D99ACDC7.jpeg 1EF85FDE-317E-4289-B70F-8348F4958750.jpeg

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought I would start a thread on my new to me Suburban. Moved to this one from a 2003 Suburban Z71 with 244,000 on it. This one is a 2013 LTZ with 64,000 on the clock. Spent most of its life in MO and the last year in Finland. Came with a clean carfax, service records and a full set of Weather tech floor mats. Was missing the headsets and remote for the entertainment but...Ebay.

Not much in the works as far as planned upgrades for now. I do plan to get it rust proofed for life here in WI and I would like to find some splash guards that will work with my power running boards so I am taking suggestions there. I know I can do some adjusting to the location of the boards so I just need to find some quality guards with a low profile.

I also plan to swap the 22” chrome rims for some 18” takeoffs and some Falken WildPeaks at some point. The chrome is pitted in places and I want wheels that require less maintenance. As an option I was considering the black steel wheels used on the police Tahoes too.

As far as current repairs needed, I am missing one of the armrest plugs for the rear captains chairs. And last I had noted that the buttons for the rear climate control stay illuminated all the time even with the key out and doors closed. I have a separate thread for this but would really appreciate some help on that one. I have a new control in my Rockauto cart so I just need confirmation that is the issue.

Here are some pick from the day I picked it up.

View attachment 240057 View attachment 240058 View attachment 240059 View attachment 240060 View attachment 240061

Looks to be in exceptional condition George. Did you bring it back into the USA from Finland? Consider that the tires for 18" wheels are usually more expensive than even 20s.

Budget out another $350 and get a Tech-2, then you'll know why the climate control is not working and can accurately, quickly and correctly diagnose issues with the truck as they pop up over the years.

OP
OP
George B

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Looks to be in exceptional condition George. Did you bring it back into the USA from Finland? Consider that the tires for 18" wheels are usually more expensive than even 20s.

Budget out another $350 and get a Tech-2, then you'll know why the climate control is not working and can accurately, quickly and correctly diagnose issues with the truck as they pop up over the years.
No the previous owner Bought it here, exported it and then imported it back to trade it in on a new Land Rover...

OP
OP
George B

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score

Maybe someday I will get a tech-2 but for

Yeah, maybe a tech-2is in the future. For now I was hoping someone had experienced the lights staying on in that control and knew what was up with it.

OP
OP
George B

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Went out tonight and noticed the display is really dim for the rear control as well. I suppose like another thread I read it needs replaced. Going to get one coming.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, maybe a tech-2is in the future. For now I was hoping someone had experienced the lights staying on in that control and knew what was up with it.

Well, the lights might stay on for up to ten minutes and then turn off after the key is removed or the ignition is turned off. I don't remember... @Doubeleive @iamdub @kbuskill @mikeyss

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, the lights might stay on for up to ten minutes and then turn off after the key is removed or the ignition is turned off. I don't remember... @Doubeleive @iamdub @kbuskill @mikeyss
it depends, you might check the dic settings and see what the exit illumination timeout is set for I think it only allows for a minute or two though but that would be for the courtesy lights, there could be a issue with the hvac control panel not timing out properly I suppose something like that may show up in a scan with a tech2 as a trouble code/bcm code

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score

I have never seen this issue before.

James, it sounds like you are talking about RAP (Retained Accessory Power) which will allow the radio to keep playing for 10 mins after your turn the key off BUT that should turn off once a door is opened.

Before installing my Kenwood the RAP feature would turn off when ANY door was opened.

Now after installing the Kenwood, using the Maestro, it only turns off when you open the drivers door... which I like much better.

OP
OP
George B

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score

There is a time out for the courtesy lights and they do go off. I have them set fo 30 seconds. That works fine and everything shuts down as expected except for the rear climate control. I ordered one up and will install and report.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm6t