GeorgeB’s 2002 Envoy “Belle”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a guy on the GMTNation site that sells that ear mount. Cut old out, weld new in, done. I cant find the post for it thou..

Its extremely common for these to do that in the Rust Belt. Also be cautious of those rear control arms themselves. They love to rust/break.

OP
OP
George B

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
There is a guy on the GMTNation site that sells that ear mount. Cut old out, weld new in, done. I cant find the post for it thou..

Its extremely common for these to do that in the Rust Belt. Also be cautious of those rear control arms themselves. They love to rust/break.
I thought about replacing the whole mount but 260K mile $4,000 truck so, nope. Just gonna rock this for now. Besides, there isn't much room to work right there.

Last edited:

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be a coil, or a bad plug. THe 4.2 is really bad about burning up on the coil on #5 and #6 cylinder because of how water comes in from the cowl.

Just a matter of driving it come more, and waiting for the P0300 to mature into a actual cylinder.

OP
OP
George B

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Could be a coil, or a bad plug. THe 4.2 is really bad about burning up on the coil on #5 and #6 cylinder because of how water comes in from the cowl.

Just a matter of driving it come more, and waiting for the P0300 to mature into a actual cylinder.
Right on! Playing the wait game. I think I have replaced all the coils at one time or another over the last 12 years we have owned this one.