George B's 2000 Saturn SL2. “The Turtle”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
George B

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Thanks @Doubeleive. I wonder if it would actually work… Also if it would also use the factory RKE system. I have a feeling it’s only connected as remote start. I need to look at how it is wired.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks @Doubeleive. I wonder if it would actually work… Also if it would also use the factory RKE system. I have a feeling it’s only connected as remote start. I need to look at how it is wired.
a compatible remote will work yes, you would just need to look up the process to sync the remote, usually there is a either a hidden button or a button on the "brain" of the alarm. i am sure the manual is posted up online somewhere if you can't find one then make a post on the12volt.com tons of installers on there one will remember.

OP
OP
George B

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
a compatible remote will work yes, you would just need to look up the process to sync the remote, usually there is a either a hidden button or a button on the "brain" of the alarm. i am sure the manual is posted up online somewhere if you can't find one then make a post on the12volt.com tons of installers on there one will remember.
That eBay seller has directions for programming in the description. I will have to look for the "button" and hope it works.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That eBay seller has directions for programming in the description. I will have to look for the "button" and hope it works.
ya sometimes the led light has the button on it or sometimes it is inside around the drivers side fuse panel area or under the lip of the bottom of the dash, once you find the brain it will have a button on and/or a 2 wire lead coming off of it that will lead you to the button wherever they stashed it if has a external one installed.

OP
OP
George B

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
ya sometimes the led light has the button on it or sometimes it is inside around the drivers side fuse panel area or under the lip of the bottom of the dash, once you find the brain it will have a button on and/or a 2 wire lead coming off of it that will lead you to the button wherever they stashed it if has a external one installed.
I did find the brain but didn’t poke around much. Looks like there is a flat 4 wire cable like a “phone” wire that is cut but I see this may have had an option to connect to it that way. I ordered a fob for $20 on eBay and will check it out more when that arrives.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did find the brain but didn’t poke around much. Looks like there is a flat 4 wire cable like a “phone” wire that is cut but I see this may have had an option to connect to it that way. I ordered a fob for $20 on eBay and will check it out more when that arrives.
there should be a button on the brain then, with the key on and pressing or holding the button should either make the horn honk or alarm chirp, that will put you in programming mode

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when you go to program it if you get messed up or think you did something wrong just turn the key off and then back on and start over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh