Gather round for a story of mechanical ineptitude and blisters.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Either 7mm or 9/32” on those screws will work. The screw to the far left is real hard to get out and I always leave that off when reinstalling the cover. It helps to pull the carpet back.

I must qualify for something because I always bloody my bald head every time there’s anything close enough to possibly hit it on.

Yea, it's like your head hunts for that shit.

I swear that’s true. Not only that, but if I have a scab on my head from a previous hunt, it finds the exact same spot again and tears the damn scab.
All true! My bald head finds EVERY sharp object under that damn hood, or if I'm under a car. I've lost plenty of skin, and have the scars to prove it :mad:

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
If you get one that fits right and is the right material it is just enough to help with when you bump a bolt or the frame. Won’t help with a hard hit but its better than nothing. A ball cap works too but the brim gets in the way alot.
I do have a hard big dome. Once I head butted someone as hard as I could--split them open pretty good. I have a hard head!! Just soft skin tho lol.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
When I was a tech and when I ran shops, I used to kid, whenever I could, with the vehicle customer. I would do an inspection for the problem and then build the estimate with the diagnostic fee, parts fees, labor fees and any tax if required. Inevitably the customer would say, "Is this the total charge?" I would tell them that because we were in a rust state or even here in Eugene with no rust to deal with, that as long as we ran across nothing else during disassembly that would be the total and the only other charges would be if there is blood. My exact words at that point would be, "Blood costs extra". The double take and blinking of eyes by the customer at that phrase was very funny. I would break in to a shit eatin' grin and have to tell them it was a joke but I also added that some vehicles just did not want to "give up the ghost" unless blood was drawn. It is what it is and part of the job sometimes.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Either 7mm or 9/32” on those screws will work. The screw to the far left is real hard to get out and I always leave that off when reinstalling the cover. It helps to pull the carpet back.

I must qualify for something because I always bloody my bald head every time there’s anything close enough to possibly hit it on.

Yea, it's like your head hunts for that shit.

Can't tell you how many times my NNBS hood corners got the top of my head, ****** hurts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts