Gas Tank stopping at 3/4 when I try to fill it up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeyCapocci

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When I go to fill my tank the pump stops at 3/4 mark. From there, I have to manually fill the gas myself with the pump pops every half gallon or so. I just had a new gas tank replaced, I’m certain they are connected. Please share if you have had a similar experience. Thanks!

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
When I go to fill my tank the pump stops at 3/4 mark. From there, I have to manually fill the gas myself with the pump pops every half gallon or so. I just had a new gas tank replaced, I’m certain they are connected. Please share if you have had a similar experience. Thanks!

Most likely it is one of 4 culprits.

1. Purge solenoid
2. Vent valve
3. Charcoal canister
4. Clogged vent/evap lines due to pellets from #3.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score

Take it back to wherever you had the gas tank replaced and tell them that they pinched the vent hose and to fix it.

Reaction score
Does it do it at every fill-up? Do you use the same station every time?

I'm asking because I've never had a problem with mine doing this, but 2 weeks ago while I was out of town I did have this problem when I got gas, but haven't had it since. Figured it was just a finicky pump.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

OP
OP
JoeyCapocci

JoeyCapocci

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does it do it at every fill-up? Do you use the same station every time?

I'm asking because I've never had a problem with mine doing this, but 2 weeks ago while I was out of town I did have this problem when I got gas, but haven't had it since. Figured it was just a finicky pump.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18
No it’s

BrainDead

Reaction score
Most likely it is one of 4 culprits.

1. Purge solenoid
2. Vent valve
3. Charcoal canister
4. Clogged vent/evap lines due to pellets from #3.

Sorry to hijack Joey, I'm having the same issue, any ways to test which one it could be, or just start throwing parts at it in order?

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack Joey, I'm having the same issue, any ways to test which one it could be, or just start throwing parts at it in order?

Do you have a check engine light? Have you scanned for codes, including pending ones?

Has anything been worked on that may correlate?

BrainDead

Reaction score
Do you have a check engine light? Have you scanned for codes, including pending ones?

Has anything been worked on that may correlate?

No check engine lights and only have the Torque pro app so not sure I can check for pending codes, will have to research.

Only had the car about 5 months and had the problem from day one. The car is an 07 with only 56k on the clock, so I doubt something related to this has been worked on prior, but can't say for sure

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron505