Gas Gauge Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gun Runner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2018 LT Suburban and the gas gauge is kind of going crazy. When I fill up the gauge registers a full tank just fine but when I shut the vehicle off and turn it back on, it only registers around half a tank. I know I didn't burn a half a tank of gas because the most recent time I only had 10 miles on the tank. The gauge will slowly creep up to about 3/4's full during a drive but never go to a full tank. This has happened on the last two fill-ups. I searched and couldn't find anyone with similar occurrences. Any ideas what the problem could be? Fuel sending unit or float in the tank?

OP
OP
G

Gun Runner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks, I’ll look up TSB’s later tonight. And yes it’s under warranty but I was just thinking if it’s something I could rectify I would. I hate having to take a vehicle in for warranty but I obviously will if I have to. Thanks again

renotahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This has just started on my LT Tahoe. Did you take it in and if so what did they do to fix it?

Thanks

Zwilly001

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is going to sound ridiculous, but hear me out. I had something similar. Took it to the dealer to have them check the sending unit, which was fine.
Kept an eye on it and realized that it happened every time I filled up at the Mobil gas station, but never at the other stations I normally use. Tested a couple of times since by filling up at Mobil and it still happens.
There is no reason why this should happen that I can think of, but who knows.
Try going to different stations and see if it happens every time ?

Boatguy

Reaction score
My 2017 Yukon Denali quit registering full. It moves around between 5/8 and 7/8 full. Haven’t taken it in yet. Still under warranty.

E2E5A96C-BA81-4BE8-8487-2B4B15F962DA.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442