Gas Fills Slow But No CEL Fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aeterna

Reaction score
I have a 2007 z71 4x4 Tahoe 175k miles.

Just wanted to contribute a fix as I could not find this when I googled. Most people say to simply replace everything.

ive had the gas tank filling slow issue for quite a while. The strange thing was I did not have a CEL for the evap solenoid failure.

long story short, I pulled the charcoal canister, evap solenoid (which is above the spare tire) and the corresponding lines and hoses.

I then blew 50-60psi of air through the charcoal canister(each port), evap canister, and blew air through each accessible line. Including the small line that T’s into the top of the filler neck which I removed from a connection at the rear of the tank and took the filler cap off to allow release of pressure.

after doing this my tank fills up no problem. I would like to add that I did not find any actual clogs. everything seemed to allow air through no problem on first inspection. But once 50-60psi of air went through, there was quite a but of dirt and sand that came out which I guess was the problem.

anyways, i had a hard time finding this kind of answer when I googled, so wanted to write it out for somebody to find down the road.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2007 z71 4x4 Tahoe 175k miles.

Just wanted to contribute a fix as I could not find this when I googled. Most people say to simply replace everything.

ive had the gas tank filling slow issue for quite a while. The strange thing was I did not have a CEL for the evap solenoid failure.

long story short, I pulled the charcoal canister, evap solenoid (which is above the spare tire) and the corresponding lines and hoses.

I then blew 50-60psi of air through the charcoal canister(each port), evap canister, and blew air through each accessible line. Including the small line that T’s into the top of the filler neck which I removed from a connection at the rear of the tank and took the filler cap off to allow release of pressure.

after doing this my tank fills up no problem. I would like to add that I did not find any actual clogs. everything seemed to allow air through no problem on first inspection. But once 50-60psi of air went through, there was quite a but of dirt and sand that came out which I guess was the problem.

anyways, i had a hard time finding this kind of answer when I googled, so wanted to write it out for somebody to find down the road.
Thanks for sharing this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mldawson11