Gas & Brake pedal distance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Having the same problem but only have 2k miles of diving with it. Hope I get used to it but it appears I will be looking to modify one of them somehow.

raress9596

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having the same problem but only have 2k miles of diving with it. Hope I get used to it but it appears I will be looking to modify one of them somehow.
I hate it. I have 35,000 miles on it. Thought I was used to it but it still bugs me. Everytime I get a new pair of Timberlands I ruin them because the brake pedal turns the inside of my right shoe black.

nharkey85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 05 has this "gap" some of you say you never noticed until now. I dont honestly recall many vehicles not being this way. Like raiderron mentioned, when you panic and stomp your feet hit the brake pedal first.

And ive never ruined any shoes because of the pedals in vehicle. Good luck getting anything out of a dealer on this.

Twn7575

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Had our new Suburban for 4 days now and that the first complaint for both my wife and myself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this thread old AF but can't you just get a pedal kit and only add the pedal cover to the gas pedal to fix that gap? My 18 has this same crapola and I'm going to shave down a piece of wood and use hose clamps.

I'm jk I'll go to the Ricer JDM section at AutoZone and see what they have for has and brake pedal covers and just install one on the gas pedal. My foot also gets caught under the brake sometimes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972