FXR Quad Retro

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
I

iCalvin

Reaction score
Absolutely amazing. Looks great man!
Couldn't have said it any better......
Thanks you two! Appreciate the kind words

awesome man... I wanted to do the same thing yellow hid fogs...but just not mechanically incline to do it my self ... dont want to spend $900 plus on lights...hats off to you

I wouldn't put HIDs in the the GMT900 fog lights, it turns them into a big flood light that is super annoying and obnoxious as heck lol. I had HID bulbs with glare caps from retro solutions prior to the LED bulbs and even though I never ran them, they were still blinding. The LED fogs I have right now is a piss lime yellow "JDM" color, as I said, got them for lolz since I never run my fogs anyways. Don't really have to be mechanically inclined to do a retro, though obviously it is hard to do one without guidance at first, I talked with a lot of people when I did my first retrofit a year or so ago. Heck... a "year or so" plus a month prior to that, I knew absolutely nothing about headlights or how to even remove the headlights on this truck haha. I always prefer doing stuff myself since I am always curious at how things are assembled or work, which is probably why I am majoring in engineering haha.

Do it. Don't be a wuss.

Hahhhahaha

+1 LOL! It is a slight pain in the butt to DIY especially when you don't have enough free time and the fact that we have to dismantle the front end of these trucks to even remove the headlights is just bleh.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are really really busy (kids, work, etc.) and have the funds, why not just pay someone to do it? Honestly if I did it, i'm sure they'd work but they wouldn't be done as nice as a professional. Yours do look professionally done though.. makes me want to go quad retro on my set I just got lol.

OP
OP
I

iCalvin

Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean about not having enough time, as it took me over 2 months to complete this since I kept setting it aside for more important things. I maybe would pay someone to do a retro for me if I had money and really stretched on time, and being 19 I don't have that much to through at someone to do one for me lol. Though I do admit even if I had the money I probably will in the end still DIY. The amount of money I save basically bought me all the parts I listed with hundreds still saved but the time used to do it might negate the savings. It's more for experience in it in the end I suppose.

Ryank

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hahaah I want to so bad but just cant get over paying $$$... and last think I took apart was a bb gun when I was 12 never got put back together

OP
OP
I

iCalvin

Reaction score
hahaah I want to so bad but just cant get over paying $$$... and last think I took apart was a bb gun when I was 12 never got put back together

Haha, I always tear stuff apart just to figure out how things work. Differences in personality. A retrofit honestly isn't a necessity, its more of a luxury item. People have been running sealed beam lights before halogens came out and people were fine back then with what seems like no light nowadays.

Do you have your old retro fits still?

I don't actually, I tore my quad MH1 for the projectors for another project.

A update on my retro though, the so called waterproof relay harness has failed. Well not failed but one of the relays rotted out due to water getting into it. This really irritated me as I noticed that one of my lights wouldn't turn off earlier today and tonight that same one completely failed. Sanded the contacts and no dice. Never had a problem with my older TRS harness that wasn't waterproof in the same mounting location for over a year and the first rainfall ever with the waterproof harness, one of the relays flooded with water somehow. Threw on another relay on the bad side and am waiting for TRS response.

2014-02-27133028_zps492a645c.jpg

2014-02-27133650_zps5835e80a.jpg

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sucks.

TRS stands behind their stuff real well though. It shouldn't be a issue.

OP
OP
I

iCalvin

Reaction score
That sucks.

TRS stands behind their stuff real well though. It shouldn't be a issue.

It does really suck. TRS has been good to me so far though haha. They will more than likely help me out with this problem as they have previous problems.

Well done!

Thanks again!

Also, uploaded some newer pics since I got bored today lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marthaInKilgore