Future 2020/21 Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

18Custom

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I hope they kept the front console delete option for LS trims or even expanded it to be available on higher trims.

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To me the great thing about the current generation of these trucks is that they appear athletic belying their size. Not sure how GM did it because I don't have the correct words for design language. But the current generation looks like a linebacker wearing a suit.

Other full-size SUVs, like the Sequoia and the new Expedition, look like O-line guys by comparison. They look big, just a bit overweight, and just a bit ungainly.

GM might have successfully avoided that look with creases and lines, perception of center of gravity, or whatever. But they did avoid it.

These next-generation Tahoes look like O-line players, just like all the others. Feels like a loss to me.

Last edited:

Reyetwinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the looks yet, They usually grow on you the more you see them and certain packages are more attractive. I like that the Tahoe is longer in overall length and wheelbase. I like the ten speed being standard across all trims. At first glance I don't care for the way the Tahoe's rear door window/applique flips up. I think the Suburban looks better. I think the back end is ugly, don't like the tail lights or the Chrysler Pacifica looking thing on the hatch. Hate the start/stop, loss of the column shifter, and loss of the solid rear axle. I wonder what rear gear ratios will be available or if they are gonna give you no choice and just have a standard rear across all trims like the tranny. I'm glad they didn't pull a Ford and kept the V8's.

JayceeP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am liking it. By March I will have had my 4Runner 7 years and looking for something new. Would like to buy another but it seems like a new gen 4Runner could be a couple years away.

Only deterrent to moving into a Tahoe/Yukon is these things are just so damn expensive with questionable build quality. Would also like to see some advancement in MPG.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To me the great thing about the current generation of these trucks is that they appear athletic belying their size. Not sure how GM did it because I don't have the correct words for design language. But the current generation looks like a linebacker wearing a suit. Other full-size SUVs, like the Sequoia and the new Expedition, look like offensive tackles by comparison. Just a bit overweight and awkward. GM might have successfully avoided that look with creases and lines, perception of center of gravity, or whatever. But they did avoid it.

These next-generation Tahoes look like offensive tackles. Just like all the others. Feels like a loss to me.

I never thought of it like that but I have to agree 100%.

Since the Tahoe really needed more room in the rear the 6.7 inches should work well. I know I wish I had more room on my Miami-NYC runs at times. The third row seat is useless as it only works well with a 4 year old. With that said I am content [for the most part] with my 2016 Tahoe LT.

The only thing I am not crazy about is rear Chrysler looking bar in the back. Besides that I think it looks good.

The Livery drivers in NYC [and everywhere else] will love the new Suburban. It will definitely be a money maker with all that room plus that awesome ride.

The last I looked the Tahoe sales were staying steady since 2007 at around 6-10K Tahoe's per month. Sometimes more then that. Especially the 2019-2020 Tahoe's. With the 2021 Tahoe I am positive sales will increase. I am sure the Suburban sales will increase also.

I would not mind owning one in the future but as of now I plan on keeping my 2016 Tahoe for years to come.

mlgreen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if I heard right but did they say LED headlights are now standard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlgreen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About damned time! I'll finally be able to get a Yukon without having to get a higher priced chrome slathered Denali in order to get HID or LED headlights. Glad they came to their senses and realized a $58k truck with halogen headlights is ridiculous. And yes, I know, retrofit blah blah blah but again at that price point I shouldn't have to do a retrofit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m just scared of air shocks, but z71 and 6.2L would make me possibly forget about that for a bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Run4st