Future 2020/21 Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They used to, remember that? Started with the “bag phone” a suitcase with a phone in it. The. The huge “Wall Street” phone, then Motorola flip phones (kept getting smaller) then the Razr. Then they started going the other way and getting bigger and bigger, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When **** became available on a phone, they started getting bigger...

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Watched a couple of the auto show walkarounds today. I'm liking the designs a little better than the first time I saw them. Proportions are not as athletic as the current models, but one reason the current models are as svelte as they are is that they aren't quite competitive on storage or passenger space. These new ones seem to have accommodated the added girth better than the Ford did.

On the interior, though - I'm surprised to see the Denali-specific dashboard treatment. Seems an odd place to make a brand-specific investment, and I'm not even sure I like the Denali dash more than the Tahoe one. The Tahoe design slopes away, the Yukon slopes toward. Cowl is notably higher in the Yukon. Seems like the Yukon might feel a little like being in a hole and peering out the top, with the Tahoe providing better visibility.

Thoughts?

Tahoe:
2021-Chevrolet-Suburban-007-640x360.jpg

Denali:
Y4.jpg

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Denali dash is much nicer IMO. Tahoe's center stack is what ruins of for me. None of it flows and looks mismatched.
Hm. Different strokes, I guess. To my eyes the Tahoe dash is a more modern, almost European dash design. I can't see anything there that would seem "mismatched."

The Yukon, to me, looks like a "dashboard wall" that exists between the driver and the road.

You might not like the way the MMI screen extends from the dash cowl on the Tahoe. If so, that design, and that complaint, are common. It was all over the BMW boards when they moved to that design about 8 years back. It's a certain solution to a certain problem though, being keeping the display high enough to be in the driver's sight line while not creating a very high cowl. So most interior designs use it at this point. Clearly they went another direction on the Yukon.

Last edited:

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I will never consider a Tahoe RST without a 6.2 There is NO reason for them to drop it as an option.
I suppose there is a delay in availability of the 6.2 in the Chevy models to avoid cannibalizing GMC and Cadillac sales on the high-end segment. My theory is that they did that last time around as well; there has been no production-related reason they couldn't offer the 6.2 in Tahoes at any point when they were available in Yukons and Eskies. Has to be a go-to-market choice.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GTNator

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hm. Different strokes, I guess. To my eyes the Tahoe dash is a more modern, almost European dash design. I can't see anything there that would seem "mismatched."

The Yukon, to me, looks like a "wall of dash" that exists between the driver and the road.

You might not like the way the MMI screen extends from the dash cowl on the Tahoe. If so, that design, and that complaint, are extremely common. It was all over the BMW boards when they moved to that design about 8 years back. It's a certain solution to a certain problem though, being keeping the display high enough to be in the driver's sight line while not creating a very high cowl. So most interior designs use it at this point. Clearly they went another direction on the Yukon.
I’m glad the Yukon is differentiating itself further from the Tahoe. The fact that people here like one but not the other’s interior says a lot. The current gen looks almost exactly the same. I’m also glad Escalade took a huge step in a different direction too. I can see the value in all three triplets, giving everyone something to like. The General did a good job with this redesign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both center stacks look very Range Rover.

Screenshot_20200328-231620_Samsung Internet.jpg

Ripoff say what

I still like it though. Much better than the cartoonish mess in the current gen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Austinsham