Fuse for passenger front window?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay this might sound odd but is there a way to disable the passenger front window switch ? Got teenager issues and I want it disabled

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Don't you have a window lockout switch on the driver's door window switch panel? It disengages all passenger windows but keeps the driver's ability to move them up and down. Ultimate control.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remove door panel unplug window motor AT the motor, not the switch on the arm rest, unplugging the switch on the arm rest may disable other things like the power mirror or lighting.
taking the door panel off is not difficult you just have to pop off a couple small plastic panels remove around 5-6 screws and then it snaps off, you tube will have some video's

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't you have a window lockout switch on the driver's door window switch panel? It disengages all passenger windows but keeps the driver's ability to move them up and down. Ultimate control.
I believe the drivers window lock on the k2xx does not lock the front passenger window only the rear windows.

OP
OP
Ghost10

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope that button only locks rear windows

OP
OP
Ghost10

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I guess I'll tear the door apart and disconnect switch check if it has a resistance and if it does add a resistor between the wires and call it a day.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disconnect the motor and it's just like the motor died, then everything else should still work fine. I don't think the passenger window switch does the "window only" on the k2xx
they have more high speed lan stuff so unplugging the switch might disable something else and a resistor probably wouldn't do anything since the lan signal is digital

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
taking the door panel off is fairly easy, little harder to put back together, when you take it off the top part has the window edge seal and it usually separates from the rest of the panel so you have to put it back on the panel and then when you put the panel back on it usually starts to come apart again so it's little tricky not bad but just a pita.
there are a couple small plastic trim pieces that clip off and reveal screws that have to come off first, take off those 5 or 6 screws then it just has christmas tree type clips that just pop off, once you have it off enough you can reach in where the window motor is to unplug it, I would imagine it has one of the red locking clips that has to be pulled back first, then you can unplug it and just let it dangle and put the panel back on. be careful if the upper trim piece that goes around the top of the door comes loose it is also a pita to keep on, it's a thin piece of plastic trim with virtually no support without the door on.
***edit just watching the video below as a refresher for myself, if you look when he removes the panel there are a whole bunch of wires on the switch harness, don't mess with that, just unplug the window motor and put it back together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9