Funky Transmission Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, and the flunky kept moving the dis-functional valve body to each new case!
Lmao. I seriously doubt they swapped one more transmission in much less two. They might have pulled the pan on the first one and swapped valve bodies but were probably changing out parts made in China anyway. I think this shop is trying to cut their losses.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lmao. I seriously doubt they swapped one more transmission in much less two. They might have pulled the pan on the first one and swapped valve bodies but were probably changing out parts made in China anyway. I think this shop is trying to cut their losses.
Yup. There is no way this isnt an internal tranny problem.

OP
OP
BigBlockJacen

BigBlockJacen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They have been working with me on it past the warranty however I am not sure how much longer they will be. I am going to head back to the transmission shop on Wednesday to see what they want to do next. I really appreciate all of the comments everyone.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They have been working with me on it past the warranty however I am not sure how much longer they will be. I am going to head back to the transmission shop on Wednesday to see what they want to do next. I really appreciate all of the comments everyone.
Have you taken it to another transmission shop? Go get an estimate, see what they say.

OP
OP
BigBlockJacen

BigBlockJacen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
**Update** I went back to the transmission shop and they are standing by their statement of it not being a transmission issue. They went as far as hooking up a shift sox directly to the transmission to manually shift the Yukon and they said it shifted perfect. For those that don't know, the manual shift box plugs directly into the transmission taking the "Yukon" out of the equation. After this test, the transmission shop and the mechanic they referred me feel it is more than likely a bad ECM. They want me to go to the dealer and pay them to diagnose the issue. I am not a fan of going to a dealership but this may be my last resort.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Shift Box" huh. They "said it shifted perfectly". Ive noticed a pattern here of how this bozo tranny shop hasnt personally showed you anything. Think about it for a minute. If you owned a rapair shop and one of your repairs came back to haunt you, wouldnt you SHOW everything you could to the customer and that would prove your repair isnt causing any problems? Did you even witness your transmission out of the vehicle after the first time?

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
**Update** I went back to the transmission shop and they are standing by their statement of it not being a transmission issue. They went as far as hooking up a shift sox directly to the transmission to manually shift the Yukon and they said it shifted perfect. For those that don't know, the manual shift box plugs directly into the transmission taking the "Yukon" out of the equation. After this test, the transmission shop and the mechanic they referred me feel it is more than likely a bad ECM. They want me to go to the dealer and pay them to diagnose the issue. I am not a fan of going to a dealership but this may be my last resort.
Second opinion when?

OP
OP
BigBlockJacen

BigBlockJacen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I wanted to try something my Dad told me to do which was to change out the Speed sensor in the back of the transmission. I replaced it with a new one and now my Yukon will not even shift out of 1st gear. I have to give it gas off and on to get it to shift. I decided to put the old one back in and it is still doing the same thing....won't shift out of first. I am now seriously thinking it is the PCM. has anyone here had to put one in and who is a reputable company to purchase one from? Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkavros

Latest posts