Fuel Pump Relay issue...maybe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

doncaruana

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what its worth, i wanted to come back and post that my starting issues have been fixed.....i replaced both the fuel pump and upgraded spider injector...

fires up first crank every time now, idles super smooth....fuel mileage increased
Thanks for looping back!! Did you do the work yourself? Also, exactly which injector did you use?

jc98ss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes sir, i did it myself, it was a breeze...i bought standard motor products FJ504 from rockauto along with a new bracket and Fel-pro gasket kit....had the upper intake off in about 45 mins being very careful not to break anything, even though i did have to replace a couple brittle vacuum lines.....took my time cleaning the lower intake with a new razor blade after the upper was off, coated all new gaskets with a dab of fresh motor oil before reassembly...it honestly took me longer to clean the carbon buildup from both halves of the intake and throttle body than it did to take it apart....everything sealed up nicely, only special tools needed was a smaller inch pounds torque wrench.

jc98ss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
....also, im not sure if it was necessary but i did remove the water neck/thermostat housing to free up room in the front and make everything easier, so i had to hunt down a gasket and add a little coolant afterwards, no big deal

OP
OP
D

doncaruana

Full Access Member
Reaction score
....also, im not sure if it was necessary but i did remove the water neck/thermostat housing to free up room in the front and make everything easier, so i had to hunt down a gasket and add a little coolant afterwards, no big deal
That is bad ass! Good for you!!!