Fuel Pump Lock Ring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

floater

Reaction score
I found a replacement fuel tank for my 1997 GMC Yukon four door. It is out of a 1999 Chevy Tahoe. The lock ring out of the replacement tank is all rotted so I need a new one. The lock ring on the 97 Yukon is like one of those ninja star looking ones where the hooks are free on the outside of the ring. The lock ring on the 99 Tahoe is a circle with slots where the tank hooks go into. Does anyone know if these rings will fit either fuel pump? I'm trying to buy a new one and not sure if the full circle one will fit my 97 fuel pump. Thanks

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plastic tank or steel tank is usually the difference in rings. Look at pics to decide what you order. I believe the fuel pump length is the difference between tanks.

OP
OP
F

floater

Reaction score
it is a plastic tank. I ended up taking tank with me to a part store. We tried several rings and the TR19 fit like a glove. Its made by Spectra. Thanks for the help.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it is a plastic tank. I ended up taking tank with me to a part store. We tried several rings and the TR19 fit like a glove. Its made by Spectra. Thanks for the help.

I was going to say when I bought my 2 doors new fuel pump it came with a new lock ring. can't remember on the 4 door though its been a while