(((fuel pressure regulator)))

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lilsolo68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:shocked:2000 gmc yukon 5.3l---ok so after doing some research i found what i think is the fuel pressure regulator.i believe its located on the fuel rail on the drivers side and is very easy to access. what i wanna know is how hard is it to replace it? i saw a vid and the only thing i think ill have to do is get a set of snap ring pliers, is this true or can i use something else? also my neighbor had his replaced and he said it got rid of his hard starting, rough idling, and those annoying abs/e-brake lights that come on everytime. has anyone else had experience with this, thanks.:Plugged:

Sepiroth

I am here
Reaction score
Yes it is a real simple swap. For the novice, it should take anymore than an hour and thats a LOT of time.

OP
OP
lilsolo68

lilsolo68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so what about the snap ring, do i need special pliers to get that off or what can i use. also i found a delphi replacement part on ebay for only $24 plus shipping. thats a good deal because all the others are $50-$150 plus shipping. is the delphi not good or did i just find a good deal?

Sepiroth

I am here
Reaction score
I'd say the straight snap ring pliers should do you well enough. I would be careful about purchasing thru ebay on some items.

I mean, they're cheaper for a reason. I mean unless it was from someone who bought it and didnt need it then I suppose it should be ok, yanno.