Fuel pressure issue? Someone chime in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Byoung1330

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just clarifying, because I'm dumb and didn't fully understand what "run it out" meant.

My 2004 flex will spill out a little after pulling the FP relay and running it out, but it's not much and a single paper towel is enough to catch it. Based on that, I do not think your situation is normal.
Yes. Yes that’s all I was wondering. Check pressure. All is good. Was just wondering why it didn’t stop when trying to bleed down pressure. Was wondering if there some kind of issue with something else

OP
OP
Byoung1330

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just clarifying, because I'm dumb and didn't fully understand what "run it out" meant.

My 2004 flex will spill out a little after pulling the FP relay and running it out, but it's not much and a single paper towel is enough to catch it. Based on that, I do not think your situation is normal.
Like I can fill a shop towel ( after pulling relay an it stalling) an put another rag in there an soak it an so on. Lol

OP
OP
Byoung1330

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Everything u look up it says pull pump Relay let it run out. Put rag under Schrader an just a small amount of fuel will come out. Well mine is not a small amount. It don’t stop. I can still hook up gauge. Was just asking if anyone knew why mine don’t stop leaking or coming out. Maybe I have to pull gas cap to? Or was Jw If there is a underlying issue. Like something to do with check valve in pump or some kind of evap problem

RED TAHOE LS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I done that lol. I got my pressure reading. It read in spec. Was just a simple question of why the pressure does not bleed off or relieve. Was wondering if that’s some kind of issue with something else like something to do with any kind of evap stuff or anything Like that.
I'm sure there's a engineering reason, but I'll stay away from the reasoning. It's nice to just start w/o pedal assertion. Good luck to yah. JMHO.

Attachments

• Tahoe-1.png
    Tahoe-1.png
    196.6 KB · Views: 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts