Fuel Line & Evap Line Replace?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mjreynolds928

Reaction score
Has anyone replaced the two metal lines between the gas tank and quick connects at the engine? Chevy dealer said it would be $430 in labor.

I found a leak in the rusted metal line when replacing the fuel pump... So I put my tools away and drove my other car down to the dealer and plan to drop it off Monday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Surely you can find a local shop that has ASE techs that can do it for less money. That just seems way excessive to me. I would assume the majority of the labor involves the gas tank access but c'mon man, that just doesn't seem right. What is the hourly labor rate?

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
So the tank is still out? If you have the skill's and patience to do a fuel pump id say your capable of the lines also. See if you can get the hard lines from rock auto/big 3 oem and bite the bullet and finish the job yourself. Im guessing both lines for approx $135. If money is plentiful and you dont want to bust your knuckles with coroded fasteners/clamps than by all means drop it off and let some other mech deal with it. There are so few reasons for my family to continue to live in the "FUBAR" state of california but no rust is one of them!

OP
OP
mjreynolds928

mjreynolds928

Reaction score
Surely you can find a local shop that has ASE techs that can do it for less money. That just seems way excessive to me. I would assume the majority of the labor involves the gas tank access but c'mon man, that just doesn't seem right. What is the hourly labor rate?
$120/hr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
There are so few reasons for my family to continue to live in the "FUBAR" state of california but no rust is one of them!

That is also the only reason I am still in Oregon as well. When I ran shops in KC, Mo. I hated dealing with the rust from the salt on the roads. Created lots of headaches.

:mad::flipthebird:

OP
OP
mjreynolds928

mjreynolds928

Reaction score
That is also the only reason I am still in Oregon as well. When I ran shops in KC, Mo. I hated dealing with the rust from the salt on the roads. Created lots of headaches.

:mad::flipthebird:
In NC, our cars don’t rust. I knew buying this car from NY I would have issues. But I checked the brake lines and everything was fine, the fuel line was okay. Thought it was in better condition.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
While I am at it I might as well ask in this thread. Anyone in any part of Tennessee have info of living their and what parts of the state do they use salt, if at all?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I am at it I might as well ask in this thread. Anyone in any part of Tennessee have info of living their and what parts of the state do they use salt, if at all?
When I worked for a company that built salt spreaders, we never sold any south of Virginia, Kentucky or Missouri.

OP
OP
mjreynolds928

mjreynolds928

Reaction score
Great info, thanks.
They salt spray roads in NC, but it’s only once before a storm and the storms only occur 3-4 times. It’s not enough to build up on the undercarriage. I would imagine it’s similar to TN