Fuel Leak at fuel filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Are you talking about could not find a replacement flex fuel fuel filter? O-rings? More info needed. Lots listed at RA and surely a parts store has the filter and o-ring(s).

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Does anyone know the size of the fuel line. I think it is called the feed line . The one that connects to the fuel filter via quick connect.

Wondering what you can't find. The O-ring?

The fuel filter that @PNW VietVet posted shows a 3/8" quick connect. To be sure, look up your filter on RockAuto and look at the details, like this:

Capture.JPG

OP
OP
CDNTAHOE

CDNTAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry about the confusion , I trying to find a replacement feed fuel line that connects to the fuel filter with the quick connect end. I have been trying to find it here in Canada even at the dealer and no joy. So I have choose to possibly build one. Also I spoke to a mechanic friend of mine and he is saying we could use high pressure fuel line and double worm clamp it. Not fully sure if the line has rusted through or the rings, just preparing for both possiblities.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If you do that you will want to have a burr or flare on the metal parts that the hose goes over. You do not want to just clamp on that smooth stem of a new filter. Also, a big NEGATORY on the worm gear clamp. You need banded fuel injection clamps.

What is so wrong with the line that attaches at the filter that makes you want to use hose?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Any decent auto parts store should have those clamps in stock. Way better clamping force than a worm gear clamp. Worm gear clamps are meant for lower pressure fuel and cooling systems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2