Fuel Leak at fuel filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CDNTAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I just got home and noticed a very strong fuel smell, I looked behind the truck and noticed some drops leading to under the truck. What I noticed is the fitting that attaches to the fuel filter is dripping from that location. My question is how to fix it . Is it difficult or should it be taken in ? Thanks . 2002 tahoe Z71 .5.3.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
No. just need the right size wrenches. Only has the one threaded fitting on a flex fuel rig. Has a clip and o-ring on the other end. Gas engine has threaded fitting on each end.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Likely needs the o-ring but could also have a problem at the stem of the filter. If is old enough, replace the filter and make sure is a quality filter, Like Wix, that comes with the new keeper clip and do the o-ring as well. May have 2 o-rings, unsure. When you push together use very light lube on o-ring(s). Can even lube the stem before push together.

OP
OP
CDNTAHOE

CDNTAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the filter is about a year or year and a half old and it was a Wix filter. Will get the the o-rings and a new filter just to be sure.

OP
OP
CDNTAHOE

CDNTAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the size of the fuel line. I think it is called the feed line . The one that connects to the fuel filter via quick connect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14