Fuel economy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaun Anderson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey friends I have a 2010 tahoe ltz 5.3 flex fuel I'm going through a half tank in at lease a week from a full tank this my my first tahoe look for better fuel economy was think of using e85 fuel to see if it will help any suggestions thanks

mals

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going through a half tank in at lease a week from a full tank.

I think it would helpful to have some numbers to work with. Are you driving 50 miles on a half tank or 150?

I've been using fuelly.com to track every tank since I bought my Yukon to compare mileage towing vs normal driving.

OP
OP
S

Shaun Anderson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think it would helpful to have some numbers to work with. Are you driving 50 miles on a half tank or 150?

I've been using fuelly.com to track every tank since I bought my Yukon to compare mileage towing vs normal driving.
I'm sorry about that I'm driving about 40 miles one way 80 round trip

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That still means absolutely nothing. It's impossible to know your MILES per GALLON when you're not reporting the number of MILES you are driving for every number of GALLONS of fuel you are using. MPG can not be calculated by saying "I can go from my house to Uncle Joe's house, then to Walmart, then to Mama's house and then back home on 3/4 of a tank of gas so I guess that's (good/ok/poor) mileage". Miles per gallon is simply that- MILES per GALLON. Your Tahoe may or may not be getting the fuel economy that it should be, but we can't help until we know actual numbers. Fill up your tank and reset the trip odometer. When you fill up again, write down how many miles your trip odometer reads as well as how many gallons it took to fill it back up. Post those numbers here. You can also reset the fuel economy gauge on the dash when you fill up and you should get about the same figures.

As far as using E85, I'm betting it would get worse MPG. But, I've never ran E85, just the E10 that's pretty much everywhere in my area. But I try to avoid even that and use 100% gasoline where available.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
e85 will not help your mileage
it costs more to go same distance

now, if you want to hot rod your ride & get max HP... go e85

so you drive ~80 miles/day for how may days?

any performance mods?
wheel/tire size?
2wd or 4wd?
any idea what gears you have? RPO codes are in glove box
driving - highway, city, mix?

OP
OP
S

Shaun Anderson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know not what you say
Thanks but never mind I'll figure it out I say that cause some of my my responses were not very nice being called stupid is not what call help I was told years ago that no question is stupid no reflection to you they know who they are

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec