FS: OEM electric fan harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a mint 2006 OEM electric fan harness for sale. This is used to add 05+ electric fans to any NBS truck. The harness has been thoroughly cleaned and re-wrapped in brand new wire loom, I also pack the fan plugs in Dielectric silicone grease for more water proofing to protect the contacts. I pull these harnesses from the donor truck in the junkyard and methodically pick it apart from the core support harness to make it a completely standalone fan harness. Then I COMPLETELY clean and scrub the entire harness and relay block and repair any Nick's or damaged areas in the wiring. All you need to do is hook up the power wire, ground wire, and the two PCM trigger wires. A custom tune is needed in order for the PCM to be able to control the Efans. I have sold several of these harnesses to forum members on here and several other forms, so they can vouch for the quality of the harnesses that I sell. The OEM harnesses install much cleaner than an aftermarket harness, and they seem to be more reliable as well since many people have reported aftermarket harnesses burning or melting. These harnesses are completely plug and play for any 03-06 NBS truck, although these came stock on the 05-06 trucks. On 99-02 trucks, an extra relay needs to be added in order to be able to connect to the AC compressor trigger wire since there is no pressure switch that that the computer can control on the 02 and earlier trucks. So you have to splice into the positive compressor trigger wire, this is why the extra relay is needed so you can use this positive wire to trigger the fans when the AC is on. I can splice this extra relay into the harness for you for an additional $10 if you have a 02 or older, then this harness will be just two trigger wires to connect just like on a 03-04 truck. I currently have two of these for sale, and I'm Asking $100 shipped in the lower 48 for the harness. Located in Shreveport, Louisiana and local pickup is more than welcome. The first picture shows how the harness looks when I am done with it. The second and third pictures show the harness with an extra relay added in order to interface with the AC compressor on a 00-02.

IMG_20170929_170107069_HDR.jpg IMG_20171010_175026885.jpg IMG_20171010_173004761.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
How and where does the extra block with relays hook up? Piggyback onto the fuse box?

OP
OP
S

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How and where does the extra block with relays hook up? Piggyback onto the fuse box?

Exactly. It piggybacks onto the stock underhood fuse box. You need to remove the corner fender brace near the wiper motor and then lift the entire fuse box housing off, not just the lid. Once you get the cover off, the relay block clips right onto the side of it, then run the wiring under the fuse box towards the front of the truck, and bolt the red power wire to the power stud on the front of the fuse box. Then the cover will fit back on over the fuse box and your fan relays. Then run the rest of the harness down along the bottom of the radiator and zip tie it to the existing harness running right there. The fan plugs will be right even with the fans, so they can plug right in. Then the very end of the harness is the group ring terminal. I bolted mine to the passenger side frame rail, I unbolted the horn and used that bolt to ground it. The 05+ trucks have the ground bolted to the frame in that same area. I almost forgot to mention the two computer pin triggers. You need to feed those into the PCM harness and actually push them into the PCM plugs. I have a bit more info on the install thread I made back when I installed my Efans in 2001. Click the link below.
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/i-installed-e-fans-on-my-2001.28336/

Last edited:

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly. It piggybacks onto the stock underhood fuse box. You need to remove the corner fender brace near the wiper motor and then lift the entire fuse box housing off, not just the lid. Once you get the cover off, the relay block clips right onto the side of it, then run the wiring under the fuse box towards the front of the truck, and bolt the red power wire to the power stud on the front of the fuse box. Then the cover will fit back on over the fuse box and your fan relays. Then run the rest of the harness down along the bottom of the radiator and zip tie it to the existing harness running right there. The fan plugs will be right even with the fans, so they can plug right in. Then the very end of the harness is the group ring terminal. I bolted mine to the passenger side frame rail, I unbolted the horn and used that bolt to ground it. The 05+ trucks have the ground bolted to the frame in that same area. I almost forgot to mention the two computer pin triggers. You need to feed those into the PCM harness and actually push them into the PCM plugs. I have a bit more info on the install thread I made back when I installed my Efans in 2011. Click the link below.
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/i-installed-e-fans-on-my-2001.28336/
Next if Tony doesn't take it..I would like the relay wired in..PayPal ready..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Rtuba71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'll take the other if someone back's out...pm details if available

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts